Window trim clear coat peeling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemmissey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07 Esky, and my passengerside window trim is peeling. Has anyone had these issues before? Thinking about painting them?

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
I have seen some other with that issue on the Esky forum. As for me I am not having any issues

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
My moms escalade has this issue

OP
OP
H

Hemmissey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah kinda sucks... There's so much flake, and it's only on the passengerside. I wonder if the warranty will cover it?

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

null_zps193e57d0.gif
Bam... This is what I'm talking about >:-(

carduke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it can be painted. My buddy did this using a rubberized rockerguard paint. I've been using 303 protectant for years now and it keeps the trims away from fading and cracking.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this issue bad on my esky. I think on Cadillac Forums people were saying they wouldn't have this fixed by warranty.

quattrotman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All but one of mine are peeling too. Looks like crap. Apparently they only warranty that under bumper to bumper coverage.
I thought about wetsanding them a bit and hitting them with clearcoat to see if I can get them to look half decent. Replacement moulding are pretty damn expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn