Driver Power Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dyce51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2010 Denali that I am working on, driver side power window isn't working. According to my scanner, the switch itself commands up and down if depressed, but didn't seem to get power to the connector, and threw code b3205:00 which seems to be an over current fault...

Couple questions regarding this...when testing for voltage it was after attempting to run window up/down hooked to motor, if the BCM detects a short (such as in the motor) does it disable power to the motor from the switch? 2nd question, is there any type of relay inside the master switch in the door? I get no clicks when operating that window switch...but as I stated it seems to at least be sending the up/down command....

Also, not sure if related or not, heated and cooled seats up front aren't working...I suspect the HVAC module under the passenger seat at first culprit on this (connectors seem to burn up on these from what I read...)unless there could be something else underlying causing both of these issues??

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Unless you’ve got the diagnostic sheet to show the flow chart for troubleshooting you’ve got to use the visual method. Pull the rubber boot back in the door jamb and inspect for wire damage.

Grab a used (already programmed) 07-10) window switch and verify if that does it. Return as needed.

Got evidence of water on anything inside the door or motor? Next step is the motor. Not sure what current availability is for new or used replacements, but that’s next.

Not sure of priority of the BCM on potentially halting the circuit from operating. You really need a tech2 to cross check the cooled seat operation for its codes.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
apply 12v to the window motor, either it works or it doesn't
there are relays but I am pretty sure there is 1 relay for the front windows and 1 relay for the rear, so if the passenger window works then it's probably not a relay

OP
OP
D

dyce51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Over the weekend I threw a known good window switch in (borrowed from other vehicle) and window worked...appears the switch was the culprit...apparently it can send the "Up" or "Down" signal (visible on the scanner) and window not work? Either way got it sorted out and good to go now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
microfoxdev