Clear Coat Peeling? What Can I Do? PLEASE HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twentyfour

Reaction score
So looks like I found my next project if I can DIY. Ive noticed that what I think is the clear coat peeling. Is that accurate? Ive been doing some research and this looks common with GM. I did have the hood and both front fenders and roof painted a while ago and so far that's been holding up well but now Im seeing this more on other parts of the truck. Tried to do a search but wasn't able to find anything. Any help would be appreciated.AC9411DD-C47F-4BA3-B906-954F3B6ED66A.jpeg385AA269-169B-4C60-BD81-1E3EB8D71C44.jpeg7504EDB3-0F9B-4C06-8D8F-5A0EE45552C4.jpeg

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is complete paint failure failure. Nothing but sanding down to bare metal and a repaint will fix that. Anyone who tells you otherwise is scamming you.

vinbart

Reaction score
I've seen some youtube videos of magic people do with rattle cans in their driveway...but I've never had the guts to try.

Smooth_Rider

Reaction score
I'm in AZ and this is extremely common here (sunburn). There's basically three roads to go down besides a complete redo/paint job.

Wet sand the clear coat off, buff out the paint, no more clear coat.

As above but reshoot clear coat.

Paint correction leaving "good" clear coat and removing what is easily removed of the damaged. The least involved. Won't look perfect.

You pics don't look too bad honestly, a good shop might save that or if you do your research, and are patient and careful...