Will a new HU work with steering wheel controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jr_454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone wondering If I were to put in a new stereo ( currently I have a 2005 SLT with the 6 disc changer and entertainment system) the problem is I don't have an I pod hook up. Looking to find a way to hook up a new HU but don't want to loose the sound for the DVD or have steering wheel controls that dont work. Any Ideas or is this a lost cost or is there a to plug in I pod some how.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the pac swi will help with the steering controls and probably a gmos-04 will help retain the dvd sound

05ukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the pac steering wheel control and the gmos04 for sale. only used a week before my radio got stolen:mexsmoke:

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone wondering If I were to put in a new stereo ( currently I have a 2005 SLT with the 6 disc changer and entertainment system) the problem is I don't have an I pod hook up. Looking to find a way to hook up a new HU but don't want to loose the sound for the DVD or have steering wheel controls that dont work. Any Ideas or is this a lost cost or is there a to plug in I pod some how.

of course the easy thing would be to simply add the pxamg / Isimple to the factory head so you get iPod thru the factory radio + an aux in.

think mine was $169?

that is less than the cost of a decent Double Din head unit, and way less than a head and adapters

Teqdogg

Reaction score
Eagle,

Do you remember where you got your pxamg? Does this hook into an aux input of the stock unit, or do you replace the factory harness?

I've been looking for something like this to use my ipod with the Bose system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n