Problem with keyless entry, unlock does not work on all my fobs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gnarkill333

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I have owned my 2004 Tahoe for almost 10 years now and never had any major issues with it. Recently the UNLOCK stopped working on all my fobs together. I can still lock and set off the alarm on all fobs, but the unlock does not work. My alarm goes off whenever I use my key to enter the truck after locking it, and it's super annoying.

I have used my SnapOn Zeus and can see that the Passenger Door Module for the keyless entry is receiving and recognizing the UNLOCK signal from the all the keyfobs, yet it does not disable the alarm or unlock the doors.

Any suggestions? I have even tried using new fobs as well and they all act the same way.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the trans/recvr unit is bad. My 99 Tahoe LT had the same trouble. What made it worse was the new one was bad too! Took a while to get one out here but it finally came and all ended well. Aloha!

OP
OP
G

Gnarkill333

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I should have added that I tried a new passenger door module as well. Same issue. Im wondering if it’s possibly a BCM issue or something.

OP
OP
G

Gnarkill333

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Passenger door modules need to be programmed (internal calibrations) to the VIN or, if used, be from a truck with the same options.
I used one from a truck with the same options, still the same thing. Can see on the SnapOn scanner and Tech2 that it’s receiving unlock signal but not doing anything with it. Also, I can use the scan tool and manually lock and unlock the doors and use the windows in the BCM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660