Why should I not go fully old-school carbed (OBS)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4bbl would have woken that 350 up. The tbi mods are a good start without buying a ported or having your original ported. But i what hes saying with the cost. If had the money to convert my suburban or my camaro to a carb i would habe went that route. I think the basic edelbrock rpm intake is 200-300 depending on where you get it somewhere in that ballpark for a 4bbl and i think the gm hei dist suburban suggested is 150 when you catch a good sale. Vs maybe a total of 200 for all the stuff for the tbi mod including the maintenance rebuild kit for the tb. Anyway 1995tahoe your going to atleast need a new base for the stock air cleaner assembly. Taking that riser ring off the top of the tb will lower the bottom plate and they will hit the throttle linkage. Any of the options listed in the ultimate tbi mods i linked to remedy that will work.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The control Module for these truck start around 30.00 depending on the brand. I went with the cheaper of the three or four that are offered for your application. Trust me when these fail you will not be fixing it on the side of the road. I could not even fix it in a parking lot with common tools. Look at the size of the screws that are holding it in place and you will see what I am talking about. I started with a rotor than the cap than the coil with no luck the only part I did not replace was the pick-up that's the part with the small wires coming out of it.

OP
OP
1995Tahoe

1995Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So come to find out, the cylinder head temperature sensor was not OEM replacement, and it was only using one wire. So after installing the new sensor and connector which comes with two wires, I don't know where to connect the second wire. So my temp is officially 100* all the time lol. I need to find a wiring diagram or something. I bought a haynes. We'll see....

:banghead::bawl::biggun::Frustrated:

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you got the wrong replacement sensor. I just looked at mine and it is one green wire. your talking about the sensor on the drivers side I assume? if yours is a single green wire yours is correct.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flush your system !! I had rust coming out of mine for like an hour. pull the lower radiator hose off the water pump and flush it real good. Take the stat out and flush the motor real good. take the heater hoses off the heater core and flush that core real good your garden hose fits perfect over the core tubes. You might need a new radiator. Does your A/C work. I got a A/C delete pulley at napa when my compressor went bad.

OP
OP
1995Tahoe

1995Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New rad, new water pump, new stat, both temperature sensors are new, as are both connectors and I ended up getting a new heater core connector for the front. So it def doesn't need to be flushed. I have just resolved to beat the crap out of it until something breaks lol. :evillol::evillol::evillol: Oh well. And when it does, I can fix it. Let the chips fall where they may. I'm tired of running all over fixing stuff. I'm going to get some performance stuff now and just keep truckin along with it and we'll see how long it lasts. Would be a good experiment! It has 180k miles about now, we'll see what happens. I think I am going to put some lucas in there to hopefully help with the low oil pressure issue.

:emotions133::signs6:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe