RVC Not Working Normally

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drew1485

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a 2015 Yukon XL and the RVC system does not seem to be working as intended. When I first purchased the vehicle the voltage was always around 14V so I assumed that was normal - turns out the battery was original and needed to be replaced which is why it never dropped. After replacing the battery, the RVC was working as it should where it would drop the voltage to 12.5 or so when all of the correct conditions were met. Moving forward a couple years, the system was only working sometimes - needed new battery cables - fixed the problem and it was working again correctly. Now, just replaced the battery with a new one. Right away it was back to working normally with voltage fluctuations as intended but after a week or so with the new battery the voltage stays around 14V with it occasionally dropping to high 13's.

I know many folks like to try to keep the voltage steady at 14V which is great, but my concern is that if the RVC isn't working the way it should there may be something else wrong that I should be looking for. Don't want to get stranded again cause of bad cables or grounds again. I have had the battery and alternator load tested and all checks out good. Does the RVC sensor ever go bad or what could be causing the system not to activate?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts