Why can't GM offer engines like all the other manufacturers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MABX13

Reaction score
them eco-boost engines are crap . n dodge cant make not one car without major problem passed 100k . so if u want one then go ahead

LaxinFish29

Reaction score
My wife a 13 explorer sport with that so called glorified crap-o-boost engine. It gets worse mileage than our 12 suburban, requires premium gas and does not tow worth crap. It is quick but when you hook up to a little trailer it's like a weak little engine. And I'm not a fan of turbo lag in full size vehicles. Be thankful for the V8s.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

For real? The navigator is gonna need a lot more than an ecoboost before I'd touch it with a ten foot pole... Yuuuuck

I'm afraid you got swindled...the eco boost does not require premium gas.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

What is real world mileage with the Eco?

20 hwy, 15-16 city

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid you got swindled...the eco boost does not require premium gas.

The Ecoboost with twin turbos does require premium. Says so on the gas cap. And the owners manual also states its required not recommended.

LaxinFish29

Reaction score
The Ecoboost with twin turbos does require premium. Says so on the gas cap. And the owners manual also states its required not recommended.

I don't have one so I cant verify on the gas cap but if you google ecoboost gas octane there are tons of results from f150forum and fordf150.net and they all say 87 but premium is recommended.

You have an ecoboost to confirm this?

That would be a HUGE deal when comparing trucks if the new eco required 91, I'm pretty sure people everywhere would be fussing about this hidden info.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My EXPLORER SPORT did not say that. The engine for the F150 is tuned differently and I'm assuming its because they made it mainstream, it would be a huge negative for the trucks and nobody would want the engine opposed to buying a performance vehicle such as the SHO or Ex Sport.

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

I don't have one so I cant verify on the gas cap but if you google ecoboost gas octane there are tons of results from f150forum and fordf150.net and they all say 87 but premium is recommended.

You have an ecoboost to confirm this?

That would be a HUGE deal when comparing trucks if the new eco required 91, I'm pretty sure people everywhere would be fussing about this hidden info.

I had an ecoboost up until last week when I traded it in on a Tahoe.

BCRacing24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is real world mileage with the Eco?

16 city
20 hwy
9-12 towing (depending on weather\road conditions)

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Wonder why GM doesn't do a Suburban\Duramax combo ?? I miss my Excursion\7.3L PowerStroke combo. Beat them back to the drawing board GM !!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts