Which is the better front control arm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the Moog CK series Problem Solver ball joint compare to the Delco OEM ball joint? Nearly as good, as good as, or better? I prefer to be able to grease the joints periodically.

I can't speak for the longevity of the Moog CK compared to the factory originals. But, they have quite a reputation and, apparently, are the chosen product line to be ACDelco's "Professional" line. I look at them as the "next best" to the factory original (ACDelco Original) and the first in the list for greasable ball joints.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use GM OE parts only. Moog are the best as far as aftermarket parts go but *caution - unpopular opinion* all aftermarket replacement parts are junk in my opinion. None last as long as the OE parts. Unless you're only planning on keeping the truck another year, go with the OE parts. The suspension and tires are the biggest things that affect the way a vehicle drives and feels and you get what you pay for.

OP
OP
Millennium Falcon

Millennium Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, for the replies, everyone. I think I'll go with the Moog CK-series parts this go around and see how they do. I can shoot a couple squirts of grease into the joints at each oil change, and hopefully, that will add to their lifespan. I don't know of anything currently on the market for these vehicles that will go longer than ~100k anyway, especially driven daily on a dirt road.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Grease is very very important to the steering and suspension components. You see a zerk, grease it and before you do make sure you clean the zerk with a rag/shop towel before you grease it. If you don't you will push dirt in to the item you are greasing.

OP
OP
Millennium Falcon

Millennium Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys, that's what I was thinking. Are there any torque specs for those bolts, or do I just snug them to the control arm brackets on the frame? (I'm assuming the nuts are lock nuts.)

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Thanks, guys, that's what I was thinking. Are there any torque specs for those bolts, or do I just snug them to the control arm brackets on the frame? (I'm assuming the nuts are lock nuts.)

Not sure on specs, but I do know that you dont want to tighten them all the way until the weight is on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts