Where Is the best grounding spot in the back of A Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003tahoe4

Reaction score
What is the best place to ground your amps/rear batteries in the back of 2001 -2005 tahoes, I plan on putting my amps under the rear bench seat that lifts up, where does everyone ground to, is there a bolt that is good, thanks

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i grounded mine to the bolt that bolts the seats down

Rose-Villian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The frame is the best ground possible... but if your lazy, you can get away with using the seat bolt just sand off the paint where your wire/ or terinal will contact metal....

But ide ground to frame, better off that way!

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The frame is the best ground possible... but if your lazy, you can get away with using the seat bolt just sand off the paint where your wire/ or terinal will contact metal....

But ide ground to frame, better off that way!

so you tellin me that you ground your amps to the frame of the vehicle, but its lazy to ground to the seat bolt which connects to the frame at some point wtf

AV8ter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you tellin me that you ground your amps to the frame of the vehicle, but its lazy to ground to the seat bolt which connects to the frame at some point wtf

Frame as in chassis, frame rails. Not the body as you are thinking of.

Kevin

OP
OP

2003tahoe4

Reaction score
would grounding it to the frame make a difference over grouding to the chassis sheetmetal, also is there a place that you can bolt to the frame or do you have to drill holes through the floor to run wire down to the frame

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
the ground should be as short as possible, therfore the seat frame should be fine after sanding.

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
I used the little tab by the rear driver side tire on the frame as my ground. (you can reach it from the inner fender kneeling by the tire) go through the floor with a grommet and done. I used the frame because its the best direct path to the battery. If you did the Big 3 it is even more wise to go to the frame on the same side the battery is grounded.

Best would be a pos and neg run right from the battery. Just not as cost effective.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
oh man, this section just keeps getting filled with more and more unreliable information..
the ground does not need to be as short as possible the best ground is one that is connected to the front battery.. yes a complete run from the front negative terminal on your battery to the back where your amp is

that ensures a COMPLETE circuit with no ifs, ands or buts

currently my ground is to the seat bolt like suggested, it works but it is not something you should rely on as your BEST grounding spot

grounding is all about resistance.. sure you can ground to the seat bolt that eventually goes to the frame but you have so many variables in the way that resist the current from flowing

as suggested the Big III will help ensure a lot of your current gets to the right spot
or you can go one step further than that

ground your battery to the frame, frame to the engine block (where the alternator bolts in on the bottom bolt), and engine block to negative terminal on the battery
then of course positive terminal to positive on the alternator

good luck OP :)

Spooner

Reaction score
I used a bolt that is under the plastic trim that you run all your wires through under the back door. Worked great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879