Where Is My Solid State Relay (SSR)???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I showed the 2 places it will be in my jul14 post with photos, the 2nd photo shows it is on the top (fig. 16), that is directly from the gm service manual.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder if @swathdiver ever found his?

No, it's been raining, a lot. But am due for an oil change and have to spray PB Blaster on a bunch of nuts and bolts again so I might as well drop the spare again and have a look around. Diff Fluids are coming close to due again too. Curiously, the warning has not come back on in a few weeks.

I showed the 2 places it will be in my jul14 post with photos, the 2nd photo shows it is on the top (fig. 16), that is directly from the gm service manual.

I know Wes, but it ain't there, neither of those places and some others I checked.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...I MAY have found this little ******! ....the only thing is not 100% its the right relay, as the part# 25848909 doesn't line up to what I've read.........If so...its located inside of the frame rail right after the fuel cell, on on the subframe beam....trouble is the bolt heads are tucked tightly on the fuel cell side. But it may be possible to use a torx fitting a reverse the treads to loose and side out (not necessary to unthread all the way). I took pics and will try and attach....

Ok update: 99% its the right relay, cross checked with AC delco part and matched, so I changed it out. Using 5/32 socket you can reverse thread the studs out to slide out the relay, then detract the harness (I couldn't do it while attached). Overall pretty straight forward...just a ***** to actually find it...So cmon GM DO Better!

IMG_3692.jpg IMG_3693.jpg IMG_3694.jpg IMG_3695.jpg IMG_3696.jpg

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok...I MAY have found this little ******! ....the only thing is not 100% its the right relay, as the part# 25848909 doesn't line up to what I've read.........If so...its located inside of the frame rail right after the fuel cell, on on the subframe beam....trouble is the bolt heads are tucked tightly on the fuel cell side. But it may be possible to use a torx fitting a reverse the treads to loose and side out (not necessary to unthread all the way). I took pics and will try and attach....

View attachment 228878 View attachment 228879 View attachment 228880 View attachment 228881 View attachment 228882
25848909 is the trailer brake control relay

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
25848909 is the trailer brake control relay

Yep I figured that out too! Here's another pic for location...But basically follow the fuel cell toward the front of the truck until the first subframe and its attached to it.

IMG_3697.jpg

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ok update: 99% its the right relay, cross checked with AC delco part and matched, so I changed it out. Using 5/32 socket you can reverse thread the studs out to slide out the relay, then detract the harness (I couldn't do it while attached). Overall pretty straight forward...just a ***** to actually find it...So cmon GM DO Better!

View attachment 228878 View attachment 228879 View attachment 228880 View attachment 228881 View attachment 228882

Thanks Josh, I'll give mine a look when my wife gives her back to me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz