Where Is My Solid State Relay (SSR)???

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by swathdiver, Jul 14, 2019.

1. swathdiver

swathdiver Full Access Member

Name:
    James
    Chasing an intermittent C1114 which alludes to either the Integrated Trailer Brake Module is bad or has a wiring problem or the SSR is bad.

I know where the ITBM is located but cannot find the little relay under the truck. It's supposed to be above the spare tire hoist but it's not. I've looked at both frame rails on the sides (outside mostly) and followed the 7-pin wiring harness all the way to the fuel tank but must have missed something.

So, for those of you in the know, where is this thing on a GMT900 Suburban or Yukon XL???

2. Fless

Fless Supporting Member

Name:
    Steve
    Not here?

Capture_resized.jpg

89Suburban likes this.
  3. swathdiver

Name:
    James
    Nope, not above the spare, not on the right frame rail inside or outside. Going to have to see if someone shoved it up above the gas tank or around the filler neck.

4. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    either on the outside of the frame or above the fuel pump control

RELAY.jpg RELAY1.jpg

5. swathdiver

Name:
    James
    Huh, now I looked on that frame rail and no dice but do not remember looking at the position where the second drawing is pointing to, didn't see that one in my manuals. That's where the canister purge valve is located on mine, have to look above it again, just felt around but maybe missed it. What I really need is another set of eyes, diabetes is hurting these the last few days and my main mechanical helper is going away for two weeks and then off to college. Time to train up the youngest!

HiHoeSilver likes this.
  6. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    That 2nd photo is the fuel pump control unit, bracket the trailer relay is supposed to be mounted on the same bracket above it on the opposing side between the bracket and bottom of the body, in other words the fuel pump control mounts on the bottom and trailer relay on top, if it's not on the outer frame near the body mount shown

swathdiver likes this.