Where Is My Solid State Relay (SSR)???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chasing an intermittent C1114 which alludes to either the Integrated Trailer Brake Module is bad or has a wiring problem or the SSR is bad.

I know where the ITBM is located but cannot find the little relay under the truck. It's supposed to be above the spare tire hoist but it's not. I've looked at both frame rails on the sides (outside mostly) and followed the 7-pin wiring harness all the way to the fuel tank but must have missed something.

So, for those of you in the know, where is this thing on a GMT900 Suburban or Yukon XL???

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
either on the outside of the frame or above the fuel pump control

View attachment 226762 View attachment 226763

Huh, now I looked on that frame rail and no dice but do not remember looking at the position where the second drawing is pointing to, didn't see that one in my manuals. That's where the canister purge valve is located on mine, have to look above it again, just felt around but maybe missed it. What I really need is another set of eyes, diabetes is hurting these the last few days and my main mechanical helper is going away for two weeks and then off to college. Time to train up the youngest!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh, now I looked on that frame rail and no dice but do not remember looking at the position where the second drawing is pointing to, didn't see that one in my manuals. That's where the canister purge valve is located on mine, have to look above it again, just felt around but maybe missed it. What I really need is another set of eyes, diabetes is hurting these the last few days and my main mechanical helper is going away for two weeks and then off to college. Time to train up the youngest!
That 2nd photo is the fuel pump control unit, bracket the trailer relay is supposed to be mounted on the same bracket above it on the opposing side between the bracket and bottom of the body, in other words the fuel pump control mounts on the bottom and trailer relay on top, if it's not on the outer frame near the body mount shown

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious....If you ever found the position of the relay? I'm having the same issue of not finding the location.....

All the YT vids are for silverados or trucks which either locate on frame rail or under spare...nada on the Tahoe...

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious....If you ever found the position of the relay? I'm having the same issue of not finding the location.....

All the YT vids are for silverados or trucks which either locate on frame rail or under spare...nada on the Tahoe...

No, it's been raining. It is supposed to be on top of the bracket that the tire hoist is secured to. It would not be visible as it is between the bracket and the body but the bolts that secure it are visible, if they exist!

Last edited:

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just crazy....if I could only find the damn relay I could fix it....but all of the 'suggested' locations I'm coming up empty. So frustrating.