Where is cheapest place to buy a new dash for my cracked one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will send u a PM...thank you

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Thanks to all for the help

You're very welcome! We've received your PM and we will be responding to you shortly.

Kristen A.
GM Customer Care

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on my second GM truck and the dashboard cracked on both. I wonder if anyone has looked into a class action law suit! I'm sure if enough people joined, it sure would get GM's attention. It's obviously poor workmanship and they should be held accountable!!

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Everyone under the sun has had or will have a cracked dash. Large majority of owners are not represented on here and those are middle aged housewives who's husbands rarely drove the vehicle, nor would notice if a dash was cracked. I think you'd have to be an original owner to cash in on something like that too. If it hasn't happened by now, it's probably not going to happen. Although, I'd love for GM to do it because I would make a hella lot of money replacing them!

minytrker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have owned a lot of vehicles 99% of them GM, Z06's, CTSV's, Camaro's, TBSS's, Duramax's...etc and GM for the most part wont do anything to ever help you out. I have actually never had GM do anything for me except waste alot time acting like they wold do something. I have had several dealerships bend over backwards and take care of me but it was all at a dealer lever and not through GM.

NNBS-Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it but sometimes there just are no deals given on certain things, regardless of failure. You may have to just bite the bullet and have them fix it. Like I said, if you want to buy the part, I'll be happy to guide you thru swapping it out with basic hand tools and a few hours of your time.

I will most likely take you up on this offer in the near future. The dash on my new to me 2009 is cracked and I do not think the extended warranty we got will cover it as it would be considered normal wear and tear.

Can't pm yet because I'm too new here but will will be in touch soon. I would appreciate any help you could offer on this. I'm no engineer but I've wrenched on all of my Harleys for a few years I would say if I can swap cams and exhaust the dash should be doable........

Ojustracing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well you can add the 2013 Tahoes to the list cracked dashboards. I purchased a 13 Tahoe PPV last month with just over 60k for mileage. First cold day outside it cracked by the passenger air bag and I found another spot starting in front of the instrument cluster. Both common area's of cracking. Original dealer is almost 2000 miles round trip and is going to be no help. I just moved backed to GM from Dodge and just had to laugh about this.

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 3 cracks on my dash are now making an irritating rattling noise. I haven't yet bit the bullet and ordered a replacement from the dealer, but I am close. I have been looking for a video online that shows the process to know where to start uninstalling the old one.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
I have an 08 with 66K no cracked dash but my 20% tint on the windshield keeps a lot of the heat out. I may look into this overlay if the dash cracks.

JD.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can someone pls confirm for me that part number 23224749 has replaced part number 20959609 for the dark titanium dash?
(2007 gmc yukon)
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts