Where can I get Corvette servo for my transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's that you have to be able to push the servo in all the way past the ring and hold it there while you try to get the ring back in, fighting you all the way. With minimal travel, it's tough to even push it in far enough, let alone the rest of the dance. Not level 10, but tough. Laying on my back at dusk probably didn't help. Lol

I'll figure out a way to not fight it. First thoughts are to put a large socket over that raised part in the middle and use door shim wedges or a large flat blade screwdriver at the back of the socket where it meets the floor pan to push and hold the servo in place so I'll have both hands free.

Jeff Groves

Retired Demo Expert. I don't need to run anymore!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some threaded rod and a long coupling nut makes a great compressor for things like this.

OP
OP
C

Clarko88

Reaction score
Alright I'm going to ordering one. Also I wanna get a tune to take away torque management

OP
OP
C

Clarko88

Reaction score
Awesome thank you guys. Do any of you have the torque management taken off?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Reducing or removing it is one of the main tricks tuners use for getting more power to the wheels with a custom tune to make it feel more powerful. Sure, the engine isn't making more of it's potential power, it's just being kept and transferred to the wheels. The drawback is that transmission is the "fuse" that feels this extra power. With a built trans, keeping TM (or 100% of it) would be a waste. With a stock trans, it's needed. When I had mine tuned, I told the guy that it had almost 200K so be gentle with it. I forgot the exact percentage and I don't know where my paperwork is at the moment, but I wanna say he only reduced it maybe 25%, if even that.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Reducing or removing it is one of the main tricks tuners use for getting more power to the wheels with a custom tune to make it feel more powerful. Sure, the engine isn't making more of it's potential power, it's just being kept and transferred to the wheels. The drawback is that transmission is the "fuse" that feels this extra power. With a built trans, keeping TM (or 100% of it) would be a waste. With a stock trans, it's needed. When I had mine tuned, I told the guy that it had almost 200K so be gentle with it. I forgot the exact percentage and I don't know where my paperwork is at the moment, but I wanna say he only reduced it maybe 25%, if even that.
Pretty sure I had mine reduced too. I have no idea how much tho.
Always fun too!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Nope. Keep it on. Pulls timing during shifts, mo' betta for trans life.

This is where the black bear tow/haul a$$ button is key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879