When animals attAck IIV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08stockhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this morning I get in my Tahoe and all my dash lights are on, none of my gauges are working. So I ride down the road a lil just see if anything happens and the sob wouldn't change gears. So I'm like wtf is going on. I pull back in my driveway, then I notice a bunch of claw marks on my front bumper and fender. So I followed the scratches Into my inner fender and realized my neighbors dogs (according to an eye witness) chewed up the electrical wire harness trying to get to a cat. Yay for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjweb11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"dog ate my homework" turns into "dog ate my car so i couldn't drive to work"

hopefully i'm laughing with you cuz it's pretty absurd, but sorry u gotta deal with that

1clean08denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you will knocking on someone's door, or someone's dog will be coming up missing.

OP
OP
08stockhoe

08stockhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The neighbor was pretty friendly about it. Even though he looks like a total douche. Did a comprehensive claim and he's paying my deductible.
93ec62bae6c1b7d93a251445220cd5ec.jpg
3ccb14787224e2155216b5071577343a.jpg
b667ddc2ee94001751e7cfdfa8bbbf64.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Back in 1997, after I had moved from K.C., Mo. to Eugene, Or., I was a service manager at a shop. We did a tune up on a Toyota Camry about 5 days before. I got a call from an irate customer saying we messed up something on her car when we did the tune up and I was responsible for the car starting by itself and ramming in to the garage door and breaking the door. I told her there was virtually no way that could happen and she cursed me out. I offered to come to her house to look at the car instead of her driving it back to shop because she said she was afraid to drive it. I am glad I came to her house. The car was still in to the garage door when I got there. I got in and put the standard trans in to neutral and pushed it back and put back in gear and set park brake. The brake had not been set before. I popped the hood and when I went to open the hood she was right next to me giving me the evil eye. She was still pretty hot after looking at the damage to the door. When I popped the hood a nutria jumped out from under the hood and scared the crap out of me and her. We both almost fell over trying to get away. The nutria are all over the area and they are like rats. This one had chewed through wire insulation at the starter solenoid and when the right wires touched it jumped the starter and the car lurched forward in to the garage door. If the brake had been set then no damage would have occurred. She looked at me and I looked at her and she just broke out laughing and so did I. She offered chocolate chip cookies that she had baked for my troubles and said would have towed to our very "honest reliable" shop for repairs. The cookies were excellent and I laughed the whole way back to the shop. Strange but true story.

:sunot:

OP
OP
08stockhoe

08stockhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least you weren't a douche about it, even when she was losing it. Hard to come by decent mechanics, these days. Everyone so damn pissed off.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
At least you weren't a douche about it, even when she was losing it. Hard to come by decent mechanics, these days. Everyone so damn pissed off.

I was just so curious how a car could be parked and shut off and then jump forward in to a garage door. I had to see it. I lived in Mo. for 35 years, so you gotta "Show Me."

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a buddy who bought a brand new Dodge Neon back in 1994. Within 2 weeks it was back at the dealer as it wouldn't start. He figured under warranty and no problem.

Dealer called back and told him he needed a new main wiring harness and that it wasn't covered under warranty. Turns out a squirrel chewed through the harness after it was parked a few days. I think it cost him about $1500 back then.

I'd definitely be upset about the mess, and those scratches all over the fender? What kind of dog did all that damage?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bone