Wheel Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I think I'm starting to go crazy.
My Tahoe is getting lifted tomorrow (TB cranked and adding a leaf) and now decided to go 17" rims with 285/70/17 tire.
I love the look of MT Classic II rim but now I'm told that it won't fit my truck because M/T 17X9" has a "0" offset. So here is my question, what offset and backspacing will work on my truck with a 2" lift?

OP
OP
Green monster

Green monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well M/T has 2 sizes in 17X9, 5" backspace with "0" offset and the other is 4 3/8 backspace with "-15" offset. I've looked at other brands as well with the same style (Ion 171, Eagle Alloys) I really like the old school look of this style wheel and seen lots of Tahoe's with them, so now I'm just confused.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
well until a tire is actually mounted on the rim it is returnable to test fit one. there is also a tool that can simulate a wheel/tire combo to check fit. find a shop that has one.

wheelrite-detail.jpg

Fishin757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the second you listed will push the tires out.. not sure if thats what your going for or not. if you look at my pics you can see the wheel sticking out with -19mm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdadair

Latest posts