17 inch wheels offset/backspacing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's going to fit.
I've got the 18 x 8.5 with 26mm offset and my BDS knuckles push the tie rod out.
However, you can get 0.5" hubcentric front spacers if you're too close to rubbing and can handle the front spacer...

OP
OP
J

Jimbowattz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To close the loop for anyone that happens to come in behind me looking for similar answer....

17 inch wheel with 25mm offset fits the 18 Tahoe just fine. I'm going to add a 1/4 inch spacer to bring it even with the fenders as they aren't quite flush. But they clear the calipers just fine. So 0mm offset isn't required unless you want them out farther.

20230715_115826.jpg

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. This thread has been helpful. I'm thinking of ditching the 22 inch wheels on my 17 Denali for either a 17 or 18 wheel. I did some research and found that the new Ford Bronco uses the same bolt pattern. Some of the wheels look quite nice, and there are 5 matched. I may do some more research and see if I can find someone willing to let me "try 2 on for size" before pulling the trigger.

Awesome wheel choice BTW. I'm not usually a black wheel fan, but thise look sharp. What's the details on them?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after some further digging, it doesn't seem like they will work without spacers and possibly hub centering rings either.

Bronco wheel specs seem to have either a +30 to +55 offset depending on the wheel, and a 93 mm hub vs 78. Based on what you've shared, these wheels would be tucked into the body ridiculously far. Probably not handle well and could rub I would assume.

It's a bummer because there are great deals for them on FB right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019