New guy went all in on a 2015 PPV and a SSV!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jmasterchamp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1a.Do NOT wait for the oil life monitor to hit 0% before changing the motor oil.
Even if you do not disable or delete v4 mode, the more often you change your oil and filter, the longer the variable mode lifters will last before they force you to replace them.
I'd suggest changing the oil and filter no later than every 4000miles.
If the vast majority of your miles are lazy highway miles in clean air, maybe 4500 miles?
(Along the same line of reasoning, changing the ATF and ATF filter more often than recommended by GM will help the transmission last longer too. I'd recommend no further than every 35000 miles, or less.)

1b. If you cand find the larger oil filter for your engine, the longer one's extra filtration capacity will make longer intervals betwen oil changes make more sense.

2. If V4 mode has not been disabled, the best investment for the longevity of your engine AND transmission, is disabling V4 mode.
If you are sure you're gonna keep them forever, save up and delete V4 mode hardware when your finances are well shored and buttressed.

3. although reprogramming the ecm & tcm is not cheap, the improvments in drivability, durability, and longevity will pay off over time.
Thanks so much for the advice. These were a big investment for us and we want them to last forever. Very much appreciated!

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe and suburban rear seats have different mounting locations if I remember correctly.
They are very different. There is so much advertising on f book market place claiming to be cross compatible.
They are definitely not from a 16/17 Suburban to a 15 Tahoe. I’ll update my build log when I start it in the center console and front seats.
Used to think that the differences between a double cab Silvierrado, a Tahoe / Yukon, and a Suburban, ALL STARTED BEHIND THE C-pillar.
IFF that had ever been true, it likely stopped being true by the time the GMT400 debuted.

(Although I still refer to Tahoes as flat-@$$'d Suburbans, or Suburbans as fat-@$$'d Tahoes.)

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! You've come to the right place for wealth of knowledge on these SUV platforms, especially if you're a DIYer!

They are very different. There is so much advertising on f book market place claiming to be cross compatible. They are definitely not from a 16/17 Suburban to a 15 Tahoe. I’ll update my build log when I start it in the center console and front seats.

They are cross compatible with the same wheel base models. ie Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade cross compatible Suburban, Yukon XL, Escalade ESV cross compatible. There are also some slight variations in leather, some perforated, some not, also with the stitching across various models and trim levels.

OP
OP
J

jmasterchamp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome! You've come to the right place for wealth of knowledge on these SUV platforms, especially if you're a DIYer!

They are cross compatible with the same wheel base models. ie Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade cross compatible Suburban, Yukon XL, Escalade ESV cross compatible. There are also some slight variations in leather, some perforated, some not, also with the stitching across various models and trim levels.
Great to know. Thanks so much!

OP
OP
J

jmasterchamp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to this great forum.
Thanks so much. I have learned so much so far. I am still stoked about the PPV and will be sharing a cool build log under the under construction section. Cool community so far.

So far I’ve learned a ton about maintenance and what to look forward to as far as problems. I already started digging in a working on it.

Going to start the build post soon. Here’s one of the many photos. Loving this thing so far. Later!

Attachments

• 72616408986__C65F1051-FA07-4606-B1C8-FB6A9C63DDD8.jpeg
    72616408986__C65F1051-FA07-4606-B1C8-FB6A9C63DDD8.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 5

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much. I have learned so much so far. I am still stoked about the PPV and will be sharing a cool build log under the under construction section. Cool community so far.

So far I’ve learned a ton about maintenance and what to look forward to as far as problems. I already started digging in a working on it.

Going to start the build post soon. Here’s one of the many photos. Loving this thing so far. Later!
It’s nekkid!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts