High school student and new to trucks and cars in general.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
@zaitrippin, I am wondering something. I am curious about whether your father is mechanically inclined and will be pitching in with the truck repairs/maintenance/alterations? I know that my dad taught me and then my uncle went even further after I got out of the service when he put me to work in his auto repair shop. Is there a vo-tech course at your school for auto mechanics? Is ANYONE in your family mechanically inclined and willing to help along the way? If you ever lift or lower that truck, safety is a big concern, all along the way. Proper diagnostics and repairs and proper maintenance are very important to the trucks longevity and therefore your enjoyment.

sig25

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! Check all of your fluids. Do what ever needs to be done as far as maintenance goes ie oil change, coolant flush, etc. Definitely check your brakes and tire pressures. Next you can check your steering and suspension components. I would also look at universal joints/cv joints as well as wheel bearings. A lot of these things you can absolutely do yourself. YouTube is great source of how-to but always check other sources as well. A thorough overall visual inspection can reveal troubled areas. Best of luck and drive safe.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm from Oklahoma and received a 2005 Yukon SLT as a first car. I got into cars and recently trucks just within the past year or two and am very new to these things. Thought i'd join this as it's been alot of help at answering questions i had.

Only thing i've done to my truck is removed the broken window deflectors and removed the running boards. Also added new window wipers to the front and back.

I'm wanting to keep the paint color that's on it and go for a lifted and aggressive look. Most likely going to go with the main paint job and everything else black.

One of the things i want to do before adding anything crazy is inspect the truck and make sure everything is good on it. Anyone have any tips as to how i can go about doing so? Thanks!
I love those wheels. One of my favorite styles, especially the polished ones. Nice rig! It's nice to see youngsters being proactive! Welcome aboard from WI!

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to this great forum. Great people willing to provide outstanding advice. You will learn a lot here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar