What would you do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got T ***** in my 02 tahoe! Would you look for a new one or attempt repair? If repair how would you start and where? 77c93e7d84118c7eb74f5e552411fd93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah it can be repaired you will need to find another body

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it was a hit and run.

But with the right dual orbit polisher and proper products from Mequiars I think that'll buff right out. ;)

Seriously, though. Don't do anything until you've made some calls and taken a pen to paper to find out what the best thing to do it. Trying to repair this one could end up sending you down a rabbit hole of cost that outweighs the vehicle itself. Run through all the possible paths you can take here, run the numbers, then decide what's best for you in your current situation, taking into account the next few steps in your life as well. For example, you said you just had liability since you were job searching. Maybe replacing this vehicle with a smaller more fuel efficient one would work best now in case you have to commute farther with a new job. First step would be getting the damage assessed and priced out. Second, third, and fourth steps (which should always be determined before making step one) are all up to you.

Now, no more adult for me today. It's 7:40am on a holiday weekend so I'm making a drink. Cheers!

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

But with the right dual orbit polisher and proper products from Mequiars I think that'll buff right out. ;)

Seriously, though. Don't do anything until you've made some calls and taken a pen to paper to find out what the best thing to do it. Trying to repair this one could end up sending you down a rabbit hole of cost that outweighs the vehicle itself. Run through all the possible paths you can take here, run the numbers, then decide what's best for you in your current situation, taking into account the next few steps in your life as well. For example, you said you just had liability since you were job searching. Maybe replacing this vehicle with a smaller more fuel efficient one would work best now in case you have to commute farther with a new job. First step would be getting the damage assessed and priced out. Second, third, and fourth steps (which should always be determined before making step one) are all up to you.

Now, no more adult for me today. It's 7:40am on a holiday weekend so I'm making a drink. Cheers!

Making a drink? Of course you are, based on you’re user name, lol. But I will be too, in a few hours, after I get the grill going...cheers.

OP
OP
Yukonosaur

Yukonosaur

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Great advice! Thank you

JeffL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got T ***** in my 02 tahoe! Would you look for a new one or attempt repair? If repair how would you start and where? 77c93e7d84118c7eb74f5e552411fd93.jpg

Keep it for parts. You can buy a great shape tahoe or yukon for 3 To 5k And no No rust.

tglad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Personally, I would look for one that needs an engine and swap out the engine, if time allows for you to do so. It just wouldn't be wise to me to have it repaired. Or, since the opportunity is present, buy a newer Tahoe, if you can afford it.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Bummer! Glad ur ok. Body shops are pretty damn cool when they know it’s ur dime to fix things. Does she run and drive still?

OP
OP
Yukonosaur

Yukonosaur

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bummer! Glad ur ok. Body shops are pretty damn cool when they know it’s ur dime to fix things. Does she run and drive still?

Yup she still does drive. Amazingly! Just ugly. Thanks