What type of brake pads with drilled and slotted rotors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at getting drilled and slotted rotors to help better with stoppage and without spending a ton. I remember reading somewhere that either ceramic or metallic were bad to use with them. What brake combos are you guys running for better stopping power?

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at getting drilled and slotted rotors to help better with stoppage and without spending a ton. I remember reading somewhere that either ceramic or metallic were bad to use with them. What brake combos are you guys running for better stopping power?
Amazon, Powerstop

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the pads that came with the Power Stop kit
I'll have to double check to see which ones they are. I will say they've been on for over 3 years and had many many many 2hr trip never mind daily driving and they look practically brand new with very little wear. Oh and one evacuation driving through g-d knows how much water and they look great.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren't the PowerStop products from StopTech?

I have the PowerStop cryo-tempered slotted rotors and am really disappointed. They wore almost as fast as the Hawk LTS pads. I put cryo-tempered (done by Frozen Rotors) PowerSlots on my S10 back in 2005. They went through 3 sets of Hawk HPS pads and barely had enough of a ridge on the outer edge to catch a fingernail. They held up to countless hard decelerations from well over 100MPH and NEVER a shimmy or fade. They were also being clamped with the force of a hydrabooster.

My PowerStops had warpage (or stuck pad material-whatever) within a few hundred miles of installation.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are down to the squealer tabs at ~50K miles and I'm gonna replace everything again. I probably won't get slotted rotors this time around. They may provide a small amount of fade resistance and the slots look cool, but they shave the pads and the extra dust created does NOT look cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan