What to do with the G80

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arveetek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually really like my G80! Works great when you need it, silent and transparent when you don't.

My rig has over 286K miles on it.... never had a problem with the Eaton ADL..... I think the "gov lock" has gotten an unfair bad rap.

Casey

Addicted

Reaction score
bumping an old thread (hopefully better than starting a new one...).

My 07 has just developed some bearing noise, so I'm going to tear it apart (or possibly break down and pay a professional). The highly reputable shop I went to said stay away from the "Detroit Locker", which I believe is the truetrac (atleast according to Summit's description). Everyone is really a truetrac fan? I like the sounds of it, but I'll probably have to install it myself.

Addicted

Reaction score
Eaton's website shows another design for "Detroit Locker", so maybe I'm misled by Summit.... I'll call the guy back tomorrow to see if the truetrac gets a thumbs up.

OP
OP
jerryjoe28

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
The Detroit Truetrac is a helical-gear style performance differential. not a locker

Addicted

Reaction score
Now that I read your sig line, I see you went with a truetrac. I'm ordering one. Now I just need to decide whether I want the hassle of installing it myself or not.

OP
OP
jerryjoe28

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
after alot of research i went with the trutrac. it just seemed to fit what i needed out of a diff the best. i did every thing on my truck myself except the gears. i had bad luck wit some on my TA one time so i decided to pay this time lol

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the trutrac is the best solution for huge majority of the users here and the operating conditions and preferences. this page explains more of its details.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have them in both trucks and we put them in the race cars too. Flawless so far and we are no where near "nice" to our rides. I run 35x12.5 tires and no issue. I run Yukon gears (4.56) and Yukon axles too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65