What to Buy for a Tech 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kwing

Reaction score
I've search via this forum for quite a bit, and google for quite a bit more, but I'm kind of running into a wall, so I'm giving up and just asking. I'm broke, but so is my truck, so something's gotta give :)

I need a tech 2 for my '07 tahoe, but I can't afford a tech 2. I'm trying to find the cheapest viable alternative. The closest I'm getting (from a post on this forum) is like $270 on allied express. Not gonna lie, that's out of "budget", LOL. But I'm getting dizzy on google and amazon with all the vague chinese marking mumbo jumbo that wouldn't make sense even if it made sense and that allied express unit is all I can seem to find recommended on here.

So.......... what options are out there that would get the job done? Anything viable under $150?

At present, my immediate need is HVAC diagnostics, but with 270k on this truck... it won't be all I need :)

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You won't find a Tech 2 for less then the $270 price that you mentioned. If you decide to purchase a Tech 2, make sure that you get the full kit, including the CANbus module.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've search via this forum for quite a bit, and google for quite a bit more, but I'm kind of running into a wall, so I'm giving up and just asking. I'm broke, but so is my truck, so something's gotta give :)

I need a tech 2 for my '07 tahoe, but I can't afford a tech 2. I'm trying to find the cheapest viable alternative. The closest I'm getting (from a post on this forum) is like $270 on allied express. Not gonna lie, that's out of "budget", LOL. But I'm getting dizzy on google and amazon with all the vague chinese marking mumbo jumbo that wouldn't make sense even if it made sense and that allied express unit is all I can seem to find recommended on here.

So.......... what options are out there that would get the job done? Anything viable under $150?

At present, my immediate need is HVAC diagnostics, but with 270k on this truck... it won't be all I need :)
Maybe someone lives near you who has one. Where do you live?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Phoenix (Ahwatukee to be specific), but Chandler is right up the road and my tools are all in Mesa, so anywhere in the east half the Phoenix metro area is really fair game.
Hopefully someone is in that area. I have one, but unfortunately I'm in NJ.

OP
OP
K

Kwing

Reaction score
Hopefully someone is in that area. I have one, but unfortunately I'm in NJ.
Eh, it may be moot for the moment. But thanks for trying!

I need(ed) it to read the aspirator readings to see if a faulty reading is why my air's not coming out cold intermittently. But some good old fashioned manual sleuthing (ice cubes and a heat gun on the sensor) indicate it's probably working.

With that "confirmed" and the blend doors all checking out, the tech 2 probably ain't gonna help a ton with this one.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

vcx nano, it will run tech2win you just need a laptop, pc (that can reach the vehicle) or a windows tablet with usb
cheapest is about $110 +tax

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne