What spark plugs to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texasv8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 08 Tahoe LT with 55K looking to replace the spark plugs.I am guessing AC Delco spark plugs is what it comes from factory.Not looking for performance, just looking to save gas.Also do wires need to be replaced?

Last edited:

THE-HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in most cases your going to have alot of diffrent oppinions. When i was stock i would just run the exact plugs/ wires that it came with stock because i figured the company knows best. You should be fine with whatever is the proper application for your vehicle. also, i highly doubt you need new wires by now, but check them out for sure! i change plugs once a year, but only wires if there is a problem. cheers

Last edited:

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are you changing the plugs so early? There good till 100k....save your money.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory plugs are iridium and don't need to be changed till 100k.....save your $$ cause it's going to cost you 70-80 bucks and I don't think it's necessary at 55k miles.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I would just check and re-gap rather than replace. They shouldnt be too worn at 55k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo