Spark Plugs keep fouling & P0172 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't gap the plugs - they were pre-gapped. However, I just looked up the plugs I bought and one complaint was that it wasn't gapped properly. I'll pick up a gap tool and check that.
All of the plugs are fouling about the same and evenly.

Be very careful when checking or setting the gap on platinum and iridium plugs; the firing tips can easily be damaged.

I'd also wonder if the "ACDelco" spark plugs are counterfeit. A pic or two of how they're wearing, and how many miles they have gone through, would perhaps be telling.

OP
OP
J

Jerome Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you sure the aftermarket injectors are the correct flow rating?
That is a great question. And, honestly I have no idea.
Here is the link to the Amazon Injectors: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...in_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=tahoeyukonforum-20

However, I wouldn't recommend them. I had to purchase two sets, as the first set had a couple of leaking injectors. I pulled a couple from the second batch and returned the mixed set with the two bad injectors.

I would note, that the original injectors I pulled had four holes - but the new injectors only had two. I would think that would cause more of a "lean" issue, and not a "rich", if there was a problem with that.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a great question. And, honestly I have no idea.
Here is the link to the Amazon Injectors: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...in_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=tahoeyukonforum-20

However, I wouldn't recommend them. I had to purchase two sets, as the first set had a couple of leaking injectors. I pulled a couple from the second batch and returned the mixed set with the two bad injectors.

I would note, that the original injectors I pulled had four holes - but the new injectors only had two. I would think that would cause more of a "lean" issue, and not a "rich", if there was a problem with that.
I would not trust Amazon injectors personally. Even name brand sold by them is getting sketchy. They don't show the flowrate. Do you see where they state that?

Are you saying that the problem (rich condition) was there prior to replacing the injectors?

OP
OP
J

Jerome Nelson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would not trust Amazon injectors personally. Even name brand sold by them is getting sketchy. They don't show the flowrate. Do you see where they state that?

Are you saying that the problem (rich condition) was there prior to replacing the injectors?
I totally get not trusting non-OEM injectors! I just couldn't bring myself to pay $800-$1K to replace them.

No, the rich condition happened sometime after the new injectors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan