what rims are better 26" or 24"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximum Auto Works

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have to agree with israel.

And you cannot determine the ride of a tire based on the speed rating. A good balance on any set of tires will get a good ride. But if you are pairing up a pirelli with a low grade wheel you are going to have ride issues.

Another commonly over looked aspect is hub rings. If the wheel is not flush with the vehicles hub it will never be 100% centered on the rotor.

Just go with what you want on your vehicle. If you go with a 24 or 26" obviously it will not ride like "stock" but there are measures that you can take to not completely destroy your ride.

Kon-Man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well typically, a tire with a tall sidewall will have more room to allow for deflection to adsorb bumps, the other big factor is the speed rating, the higer the rating the worse the ride. The only exception is run-flat tires. They ride rough no matter what.
Thats exactly the point i was trying to make!

There are many different factors of why a wheel will make your car/truck ride good or bad.
i was just stating the obvious,

MORE CUSHION = SOFTER RIDE.

MORE SIDEWALL = LESS CHANCE OF A FLAT SPOT ON ONE OF YOUR WHEELS.

"ISRAEL" LOL......

NoChrome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have to agree with israel.

And you cannot determine the ride of a tire based on the speed rating. A good balance on any set of tires will get a good ride. But if you are pairing up a pirelli with a low grade wheel you are going to have ride issues.

Another commonly over looked aspect is hub rings. If the wheel is not flush with the vehicles hub it will never be 100% centered on the rotor.

Just go with what you want on your vehicle. If you go with a 24 or 26" obviously it will not ride like "stock" but there are measures that you can take to not completely destroy your ride.

are you high?

have you ever heard of lug-centric? where the wheel rides on the lug nuts, instead of the hub? thats why lug nuts are cone shaped to center the wheel the studs instead of on the hub. If you think for a second having a wheel slightly off center of the hub is ok, your out of your mind.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They make hub centric rings to accomodate people like me who didn't do their research properly before purchasing the wheel.

Lesson learned bro - find the hub size and make sure whomever you buy from sells you a wheel who's center bore (CB) matches the hub size of your vehicle. Otherwise you might find yourself replacing a bunch of wheel studs like I did.

BOSS

israel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you high?

have you ever heard of lug-centric? where the wheel rides on the lug nuts, instead of the hub? thats why lug nuts are cone shaped to center the wheel the studs instead of on the hub. If you think for a second having a wheel slightly off center of the hub is ok, your out of your mind.

I dont care what most aftermarket wheel retailers tell u. No wheels are lug centric unless they are custom made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia