What projectors fit into NBS Burb headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the itch to build some retros for my burb, so what projectors fit into the stock size headlights of a NBS Burb? I know MH1, do the DS2? any OEM projectors fit?

I will be purchasing new housings as well, but have read that some aren't the same depth as the stocks.

also electrical is NOT my area, I have the 4High mod done, so how does the high beam signal get sent to the BiXenon projector in order to activate the "flap" ( cant think if the term)

Aaron_L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the morimoto mini h1's in my Suburban in Spyder headlights I bought from Amazon. They were a pretty tight fit. I ordered mine with the gatling shrouds, and I had to trim the top & bottom to get them to fit. They came with 2 different sized silicone washer "seals", I had to switch to the thinner one to keep them from hitting the headlight housing lens. As for any other projectors, I can't say. Anything any longer would require surgery to the back of the housing.

I have the 4 hi mod too, and I had to splice from the high beam harness to the power wires on the "flap" solenoid (I don't know what it's called either, lol). When I activate the highs it all works as it should, the high beams come on as well as the flaps moving.

Aaron_L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like them just fine. I know there are some better performing projectors out there, but for the money and ease of install they are hard to beat. The projector install itself was very easy. Heat to remove lens, drop projector in, and tighten the nut. It was almost that simple. As far as mods go, I had to remove the bulb retaining ring that was mounted to the headlight. It was held on by 3 screws. I took my dremel and smoothed out the back of the headlight so the retaining nut on the projector would tighten down flush. Also I had to drill a small hole in the headlight housing for the high beam and halo wires to go through, and once I had them through I shot some clear rtv in it to seal it back up.

The only other mod I did was to wrap the projector with a high heat foil tape. This covers up the holes in the sides of the projector and only allows light to come out the lens. I've seen some done without this step, and there is light spilling out from behind the projector and that didn't look as good to me. An added benefit to the foil tape is that when you have chrome headlights the tape hides your wires so you can't see them in the headlight reflector. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879