What kind of deal can be expected on an order?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

I cannot provide any input on your specific question, as the purchase of one of these rigs new is way out of my financial realities.

Steveo123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can’t take advantage of the Costco rebate unless you were already a member before the promotion started.

ToddZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was able to get a dealer to honor GM supplier pricing, which is basically invoice. Then I got another $1k off for the Costco membership. So for a Z71 Tahoe, I was able to get about 6% off, and I though my I was stealing it. Every dealer I contacted was firm about MSRP for an order. So I drove about 200 miles after I located one that all the options / color I wanted and a motivated dealer.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feeback! The tip about Costco is great, and worth an extra $1000 so I will definitely join Costco. Is there a waiting period before you can claim the rebate?

As for why I want the diesel - I am a big fan of diesels. I put 200K miles on a Cruze diesel. I drove the I6 3.0 in the Duramaz and loved it, but I am not a truck person.

So far, looks like about 6% plus Costco rebate is the best I can get, which doesn't sound too bad.

I own 3 diesels currently ( JGC eco D, Jaguar F Pace 20D and Ram 2500 Cummins ) and I am very interested in one also. May even go as far as ordering an Escalade Diesel in the spring.
I want to wait till the factory is making them for a month or 2 before ordering, just to see if there are any immediate problems. I too agree that the LM2 engine could be the thing that gives us a large 7-8 passenger SUV with 25+ MPG which would be exceptional for a vehicle this size. Can't wait to hear some feedback from some of the 1st owners....

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a 2021 Suburban diesel. I emailed probably 15 dealerships in northern California. Almost all said either:

1. diesel not available to order yet (totally not true)
2. "no incentives currently available" (as if there was no such thing as a dealer discount)
3. MSRP for all custom orders

I did find two dealers who were willing to dance and played them off each other to get the price down to dealer invoice + $250 -- about $3000 off of MSRP. Plus another $1000 incentive for Costco members. And they said if any Chevy incentives are available at delivery, they'd stack those on top as well.

Re: diesel, the option is definitely available to select in GM Workbench now. It may be a few weeks before diesel orders move into "order accepted" status however.

Diesels aren't supposed to be orderable until sometime in November

Myself, I'm frustrated that every Denali and nearly every AT4 have the rear seat entertainment system. Don't want it, don't need it. Grrrr

Dave Mathews

Reaction score
According to Costco.
In order to qualify, you must have been a Costco member on or before April 30, 2020. You must register with the Costco Auto Program via the link for the vehicle of your choice below and provide a certificate and promo code to Robbins when you visit. $1,000 will be applied to your purchase or lease.
This program is through January 4th 2021. Maybe they will extend it with new membership date. Join now and hope for the best.

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Myself, I'm frustrated that every Denali and nearly every AT4 have the rear seat entertainment system. Don't want it, don't need it. Grrrr
Couldn't agree more. I'm single, no kids or ex...doubt I'll be driving from the back seat, so have no use what-so-ever for a Rear Entertainment System. That's why I may settle on a Suburban HC version.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. I'm single, no kids or ex...doubt I'll be driving from the back seat, so have no use what-so-ever for a Rear Entertainment System. That's why I may settle on a Suburban HC version.

You certainly CAN get them without the rear seat entertainment, I just think the initial production groups were loaded up, as there were only a couple of configurations available at the start. Should be able to order what you want without, though. Shoot, I'm tempted to order a Denali with the base 20" wheels, though can't do that and get the air ride in the Denali for some reason. AT4, you can keep the 20's and get air ride

ThomasKelly1952

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't think there's a waiting period. You should be able to sign up for the rebate as soon as you have a login for Costco's website.

I should mention though that the Costco rebate is only good through Jan 4, 2021. Hopefully I can take delivery before then.

Any rebates are applicable at the time of purchase not the delivery time so don't worry about it. You would have too many companies abusing rebates by having the eligible date beyond the availability date.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own 3 diesels currently ( JGC eco D, Jaguar F Pace 20D and Ram 2500 Cummins ) and I am very interested in one also. May even go as far as ordering an Escalade Diesel in the spring.
I want to wait till the factory is making them for a month or 2 before ordering, just to see if there are any immediate problems. I too agree that the LM2 engine could be the thing that gives us a large 7-8 passenger SUV with 25+ MPG which would be exceptional for a vehicle this size. Can't wait to hear some feedback from some of the 1st owners....
Hell the pickups with that engine are averaging over 30 mpg . I would hope the Tahoe and Suburban could match that with a 10 speed and no air drag from a pickup bed. I am excited to see what they can do. I'll be purchasing a second Tahoe/Suburban or Yukon XL in 2022 to replace our Honda Pilot. That diesel will be our long distance trip vehicle and my wifes 2021 Tahoe will be our local ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuckWild62

Latest posts