What is wrong with my 2021 Escalade? Horrible MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Escalade2124

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good morning,

I have 250 miles on my 21 Escalade Sport Plat. I am getting under 10MPG no matter how I drive. Also when I filled up my tank only shows 252 Range. I look on autotrader at pics of other cars and see Full tank range in the 400Miles.

What am I missing? Could it be that my truck was put on the road with missing chip? I took it to the dealer and couldn't leave it because they didn't have loaners but the S/A said it looks fine which is BS. Just trying to get ahead of this. Is there any break in period or computer reset req? Any help is appreciated. 33.jpg56.jpg

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really need to do a 100 mile hwy loop then report back. Short tripping around town, stop and go, heavy traffic, any of the above kills mileage. Could be something wrong, but may not be inconceivable either....

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be the fuel that the dealer put in it. If they put Shell fuel in your Escalade you will get 10MPG. That is what I got when using Shell in my Tahoe. Went back to Exxon-Mobil and all went back to normal. They also might have put in 87 instead of 91-93. I would wait until you do the next full tank and try to do more highway driving.

All that just IMHO.

OP
OP
E

Escalade2124

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks to those who responded so far.
1. I will do Hwy test, Car has super cruise so will run it 100Mi and see what happens.
2. I have already cycled through first tank very fast, Almost too fast which made me look at MPG's closer. Filled up with 93 we have in FL. (BP)
3. I also thought the car may need to break in but searching on the internet new car for sale I see hars with 5Mi showing 400+mi range on tank.
4. See one pic below where same car is at 1/4 tank showing 212 mi to empty. Mine at full tank is clocking 252mi.

I suppose there is a break in where the computer may adjust but this is concerning at the moment. I'm in S.FL and at this juncture I cant even take my family on a Disney trip without having to stop for gas before arriving. This is my first time in a V8 in many years and certainly wasn't hoping for this. I hope my car hasn't got some gremlin.

2.jpg

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 15

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that cluster looks sick.
I think the hwy trip should do the trick. Your avg mpg needs to reset. Test it out with trip 1 or 2.

the best I’ve gotten was 26mpg at hwy speeds but that is a 20 mile run. I certainly don’t aim for that with this V8 and one of the reasons I got it. Currently I’m getting 15.4 mixed city/hwy.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A fella complained about poor fuel milage very similar to this, well , after everyone pitched in with advice he revealed that his wife let the vehicle idle for 20 minutes everyday while picking up his son at school. Fill it up and reset the trip data see what happens.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally in my ‘21 Tahoe with the smaller 5.3L V8 I’ll get about 13 MPG around town which is mostly slow stop/go driving with the start/stop disabled.

Your Caddy I’m assuming has the 6.2L and is AWD??? If it’s AWD with the larger motor that will knock a few MPG off so 10-11 around town would be around right.

Longer road trips I’ll get about 22-23 depending on speed and how windy it is. Gusssing on yours that would be closer to 19???

I do really like the gauge cluster photos…my Chevy is not that cool but should be for the price it cost. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas