2021 Escalade aftermarket sub amplifier issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure where to begin! I have a 2021 ESV Sport with the 36 speaker AKG system and while it has pretty decent overall output it's lacking the bass I want. Upon doing some research I purchased a custom harness which plugs directly into the factory amp located in the center console under the shifter which would hook up to an Audio Control LC2I Pro, JL HD1200/1 and JL13W7 in a custom to spec ported box. While the bass output would be fine for most it doesn't have the output that it should. There is zero engine noise, whine, static, etc but just not the bass you would expect from this set up. Don't get me wrong it hits just not as hard as it should.

I posted on a couple JL pages, talked to a few people and it seems it's a signal issue. Some say the LC2I is not the correct unit for this vehicle. Some state I tapped into the wrong outputs even though I used a harneas. I met up with someone from one of the FB groups who has a JL Slash 1000/1 and also has a 13W7 in a box he built and I could honestly say it was at least twice as loud as mine. We even hooked up my box in his truck and sure as shit I was blown away as to how loud it was which means there is nothing wrong with my woofer and or box design.

Is there any one local to Queens NY/Trinity state area (50 mile radius) that has experience with intergrating into this AKG system? Not much info available online. ,Adding a sub shouldn't be this difficult, I am ready to go back to stock.

Any suggestions? TIA

K5-Z71

Reaction score
You should have a subwoofer in the LH rear sidewall panel just Infront of the fuse panel access.

For an easy way to bypass all the gadgetry I would splice the wires going into that sub to run line level signal to your amplifier.

There is an Input Voltage switch on your amp. Should be set to Low when receiving signal from the LCI2 and set to High when receiving line level inputs from the stock sub. Maybe make sure that switch wasn't inadvertently set to High in your current setup.

dernals

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could this be related to bass attenuation on the OEM system? I feel like the audiocontrol should have an option to eliminate that on the input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf