2019 Escalade fuel level wrong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am very familiar with driving this truck. I've driven it 100,000 miles in the last year. It has never acted like this until now.

When I said it filled 25 gallons, I mean that there was still 6 gallons left in the tank. And ALL the miles I put on it at that time were highway miles. I never idled it. That's why I'm worried something is very wrong. A 31 gallon tank, even with the computing, should NEVER read that it has only 1/4 left when only 80 miles of highway driving has passed. Again, when that happened, it ever so slowly again inched its way back up.

Notice how I never say "range", which I totally understand, as that can be calculated based on my driving habits. But what should NOT be calculated is actual fuel. If I put 25 gallons in a tank that is almost empty, it should show that it is full. Range, sure, calculate it. But not the actual gauge.

In my truck, I have found that the gauge is directly tied to the range. When the computer calculates that there is a lower range, it will decrease the fuel level. To me, that is strange behavior, but it's exactly what's happening.

Final note, this just started happening. Hasn't happened since I bought the truck.
Well, I would be curious as to what the shop manual says for your generation truck as to how that operates. You just might have a sticky float.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019