what intake to use

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I know everyone is using the 5.3 intake on there 6.0. My question is which one should I use ? I was looking at it and it looks like the runners are longer. should i transfer over everything from the 5.3 intake and plug the egr port ?????
second question
the 6.0 came with the dbw throttle body. I understand it's bigger ? will it work on my truck ? with the existing wireing harness ?
is it too much trouble to use the 6.0 intake ?
I am only tuning it and doing a cold air intake and exhaust is done. i just want the most from what i got and even though it will have a ton more power than what i have now,I don't want to loose any either.

Please chime in and give me direction. Thanks guys

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
99-07 classic, both 5.3 and 6.0 have the same 3 bolt intake.

Its the 08+ that have the larger 4 bolt intake.
This the number of bolts holding the TB on.
However, there are two types, a return and returnless fuel rail system. Get the correct one.
If you happen tp buy the return style and you have a ruturnless fuel system, you can use the corvette fuel filter to convert it.

You can use your smaller 78mm TB on the larger intake with a adapter. You dont get the full power upgrade until you get the larger TB, but it saves some money on the intial conversion.
There are rumors that the smaller TB and larger intake combo gives up a tiny bot on top end bit regains some of low rpm power.

You will need a "X-link" adapter to use the larger DBW TB.

There are sticky posts on performance trucks.net and gmfullsize.com detailing the entire conversion process.
i recommend you read both compeltely.
Every possible question you could have is answered in those two posts.

OP
OP
#1taho

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I did read the post at performance trucks. i did learn alot. I don't want to put the 08 intake on, but looking at the 02 6.0 and my 04 5.3 taho the intakes are different or look different. The 6.0 looks taller.
My truck has return less fuel, I was thinking of putting my fuel rails and injectors on the 6.0 intake. and keep the 6.0 throttle body also. will that work ?

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude, any GM Truck/SUV engine from 99-07 Classic has the Exact same intake and 3 bolt TB. The only changes are Cable or DBW TB and return or returnless fuel rail.
I found a post last night, detailing the years, part numbers, plenum volume, runner volume/lengths, etc. Dont know why I didnt post it here for you.

It shows exactly what I am saying.

If you want a bigger intake manifold, your only option is 08+ 4 bolt, or go aftermarket and spend a ton of cash on something that you would probably never fully utilize.
The gains are worth it.
If you get the correct intake, its 99.9% PNP. only one hose needs modified, The evap purge.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9