What happens with your rear lights when you unlock with the remote?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wildcatgoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I unlock my truck, the front turn signals blink. Makes sense.

But the rear turn signals do not blink. Instead both the license plate lights and the rear running lights (not the brake light brightness) blinks. This does NOT make sense. Why wouldn't the turn signals blink instead? Why on earth would GM make the license plate lights blink when you unlock? Goofy.

Additionally, when I lock... no blink of any lights but the side mirror lights turn on.

I checked all over for someone's aftermarket wiring. There's no aftermarket nothing except my tap for reverse to activate my reverse camera, but this occurred before installed that radio.

Is this normal? Does your truck - when you unlock - blink the rear running light and license plate light?!

Noggles

Reaction score
I have noticed on my 05 Tahoe with a Viper remote starter, that the rear brake lights will flash unless the truck is remote started. If it is running off the remote starter, only the front lights flash, nothing in the rear does anything..

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can change the settings in the cluster for which lights come on when you hit the key fob at night, however the turn signals do not flash. It’s the brake lights in the slightly dimmer than brake light, “parking lights” setting. My reverse lights light up at night when I unlock with the fob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons