Driver side turn signal indicator on the dash is frozen, along with the corresponding left arrow on the mirror, when I drive with my headlights on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patokelley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

My my 2003 GMC Yukon 1500 SLT driver side turn signal indicator on the dash is frozen, along with the corresponding left arrow on the mirror, when I drive with my headlights on

We replaced all lightbulbs yesterday because I have sight problems at night. Got all LED. Even new back taillights with built in LEDs and a LED backup light so I can finally see.

Anyway I got a couple problems.

1)The one described above - frozen Driver side indicator/mirror and the actual front and back left light signals do not work when it's doing this - while headlights on.

2) Front Driver side blinker doesn't work... it doesn't light up. The right passenger side does.Both are new LED light. All lights on the truck are brand new LEDS.

3) The passenger side indicator that does work blinks really, really fast. I did find that I probably need to change the emergency lights/turn signal box under the dash below the steering wheel to an LED one like "Hazard Warning LED Flasher Relay for GM Turn Signal Flasher" I found on Amazon that says works with my truck. Would this fix other issues maybe?

I checked the blinker bulb connection up front and the fuse in the side fuse box on the drivers side. It's a 25 fuse. I went ahead and replaced it.

Please help. Suggestions?

Thank you very much PatScreenshot_20210925-094908_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out? My brother is having similar problem with his 2004 Tahoe z71

He was having something that kept draining/killing batteries. Shop changed out a part. Not sure what

Right before it was taken to the shop

The turn signal indicators were and still are froze on the dash with the headlights on and the turn signal indicators are also froze on the side mirrors. The blinkers run really fast but don’t think their working in the rear.

Anyone know what’s going on?

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Check the rear lighting block for corrosion, it is right by the passenger rear tire. Mine had one green pin and caused all kinds of weird turn signal behavior until I cleaned it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011