What grease Caliper bolts / slides

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to service my front calipers as one is dragging a bit. I have some anti-seize that I think I'm supposed to use on the slides, but what grease should I use for the bolts?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use the synthetic permatex grease from advance auto. i use it for my standard brake jobs to some semi performance brakes and bmw brakes. works good and holds up well.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too obvious. Ahh well, I was hoping it was something I had already.

Thanks for the replies. I did look in the Haynes manual but it had no info.
In addition to greasing the caliper slide pins, I put some on the ears of the pads so help them slide as well as on the back faces of the pads to reduce any chatter.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
In addition to greasing the caliper slide pins, I put some on the ears of the pads so help them slide as well as on the back faces of the pads to reduce any chatter.

Good call. Also make sure to completely clean the lube surfaces and also the same for the parts of the caliper that touch the knuckle and that same knuckle surface. Cleanliness is the absolute best way to have a success with brake work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kns0517