What else to do for body roll?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtthis

Reaction score
I've got a 05 Escalade that has the following done:

20" wheels
Belltech sway bars front and rear
Spohn panhard bar
Spohn upper and lower control arms
4" drop springs
Djm 3" drop control arms
Bilstein shocks front and rear
Bump steer kit

What else can be done for handling? I get some body roll with this set up and would like to minimize it as much as possible.

The only thing I can think of is drop spindles?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've got a 05 Escalade that has the following done:

20" wheels
Belltech sway bars front and rear
Spohn panhard bar
Spohn upper and lower control arms
4" drop springs
Djm 3" drop control arms
Bilstein shocks front and rear
Bump steer kit

What else can be done for handling? I get some body roll with this set up and would like to minimize it as much as possible.

The only thing I can think of is drop spindles?
How big is your sidewall on your 20" tire? The shorter, the less flex.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how hard are you kicking an Escalade around? it is possible to get custom sway bars made. shocks are only a damper and wont help that much but you could go with a sportier shock or an adjustable fox or something. also unwanted sidewall flex in your tires can also come from just using tires unsuited to what your trying to do. if your trying to drift a land yacht on tires that are comfortable it won't feel right. your shifting aprox 5500 lbs around also so keep that in mind.

OP
OP
S

svtthis

Reaction score
which bilstein shocks?

what about bushings & end links?

Part #
24065009 front

24-143806 rear

Bushings and endlinks are all done. Endlinks came with the sway bars and I got the djm shortened endlinks in the rear

OP
OP
S

svtthis

Reaction score
how hard are you kicking an Escalade around? it is possible to get custom sway bars made. shocks are only a damper and wont help that much but you could go with a sportier shock or an adjustable fox or something. also unwanted sidewall flex in your tires can also come from just using tires unsuited to what your trying to do. if your trying to drift a land yacht on tires that are comfortable it won't feel right. your shifting aprox 5500 lbs around also so keep that in mind.

Good point and I am kicking around pretty hard. I like the idea of the coilover swap. I'll probably end up doing that.

OP
OP
S

svtthis

Reaction score
A good adjustable coilover swap in the front will not only drop considerable weight by ditching the torsion bars but also allow you to dial in compression and rebound to your liking.

Thanks for the tip. I like this not only for the suspension but the weight savings as well since I've taken a lot of weight out of it already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011