What else to do for body roll?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what options are out there for coilover swaps. However I did mine years ago on my silverado and Atomic Fabrication and Performance was the only option. His customer service is fantastic! He will make sure you get setup with just the right spring and shock combo plus his swap brackets are super tough! I have beat the snot out of them off road and haven't had a single issue. My Tahoe will eventually get his swap and coilovers as well.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also a 55 sidewall is pretty tall and will cause a decent bit of body roll. However if you go down to a smaller sidewall the ride quality will suffer.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could also check w/ Norcal SS & see what suggestions outside of whats been mentioned here, that he has

OP
OP
S

svtthis

Reaction score
Yeah I just reached out to atomic fabrication and no dice on the coilovers. The coilovers are designed for the stock control arms. So back to the drawing board.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing that would reduce body roll and not affect the ride so much is sway bars, and you have them already. There may be some stiffer ones, though. I don't know who makes the stiffest sway bars for these things. Anything else would alter the ride. Smaller sidewall tires would make a big improvement in roll, but would bring a deterioration in ride quality. They would also require larger wheels unless you're okay with the skateboard look. Firmer springs and/or shocks would help. I have some like-new Belltech 2412FF shocks that'll surely help! You'll just need some shock extenders if you don't have 'em already.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone make a front or rear strut brace for these trucks?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone make a front or rear strut brace for these trucks?

No struts in the rear to brace. The strut mounts in the front are on the frame, so no bracing is really needed. Even on prerunner Silverados/Sierras, the strut mount is used to bolt up a coilover mount. For the more serious prerunners, the factory mount is cut off entirely and replaced with custom mounts. Still no tower bracing. Although, those hardcore trucks have custom tube work to tie the front frame rails together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doc52