what do you think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
30hz is kinda low for most every day music. i do all crazy boxs and what do i have in my truck a prefab lmao.

did u every see what it hit? how many db's
in my old truck i had a sealed box with 2 12 esclipse alums and a hifo bx1500d and i pulled a 147. its was a tight clean bass too. but that shit got jacked fml :supergay:

Actually lowest tuning possible is best for daily listening. With the right front stage everything is more dynamic and covers the spectrum.

If it were an all out SPL vehicle you would find yourself tuning from mid to high 40's.

I had 148.3 @ 37hz with 2 BTL 18's in 16 cubes at 33 hz on a XX Cyclops 4000D.

OP
OP
2LOUD4U

2LOUD4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yah isent like 32 the best tunning for daily driving?

OP
OP
2LOUD4U

2LOUD4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha sounds good to me that what the btl box is set at and ill be able to buy the subs soon because on superbowl bets=]

path2spl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
that pic is a design of a 6th order btw...48hz is will be different in a 4th order it will alow you to get the lows while still getting the high end. you can fit a 4th order in the denali xl for sure. i can fit 20 cubes in my tahoe not touching the back hatch. you can make the box 49 wide 43 deep and 24 high and still have more to spare in the xl

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
that pic is a design of a 6th order btw...48hz is will be different in a 4th order it will alow you to get the lows while still getting the high end. you can fit a 4th order in the denali xl for sure. i can fit 20 cubes in my tahoe not touching the back hatch. you can make the box 49 wide 43 deep and 24 high and still have more to spare in the xl

Bandpasses are not a daily enclosure. They are too peaky around tuning frequency and the bandwidth isn't very large.

Low as the driver will allow is the best for daily listening. Actually high 20's is where its at...lol

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
x2... plus you should still run a highpass filter at or just below the tuning frequency.

That means those 18s are playing ~45 hz and up. About what a pair of 8 Inch mids will play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879