What do you think of this creampuff?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it looks like a vastly overpriced turd. But if you like it.. go for it.

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, reading through this thread is some uninformed big boomer energy.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I like it at about $6k. That is with the roof rack gone, the inside cabinetry and floor panel gone and the winch and winch guard gone. I can take or leave the CB. I would still need to inspect and drive it as well.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I think it looks like a vastly overpriced turd. But if you like it.. go for it.

You also need to remember that Oregon does not use salt on the roads. We have no rust issues here. If you have a rig at the coast, you can see some surface corrosion but no rust through like I see in some of the pics of rigs in different threads.

What does this statement mean? Referring to baby boomers? Uninformed? I am just curious.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last few posts that I have read of yours on various threads here in the forum are just like this, completely non-value adding and somewhat rude. Please add to the discussion instead of just throwing pot shots out there. You make a general statement here about people being mis-informed yet you do nothing to help “inform”. On Tony’s NorCal post about being there to help folks, you accuse him of spamming his stuff all over Facebook and here even though he is a supporting vendor of this forum.

There are plenty of other truck forums where your approach is welcome and expected, but that’s not how we roll here. From the way I see it with these types of posts and the fact that since 2015 you’ve posted 105 times, you’re a seagull member that swoops in once in a while, makes a lot of noise and craps all over stuff then flies off.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
His whole thing is that it is rare and low mileage. The rare part is the paint job, in his eyes. He calls it a Unicorn. The thing he does not acknowledge in the ad is that the hood has a dent in it just above the driver's side headlight and about 8" toward the center. It's right where the front lip of the hood curls down at the front. My Tahoe has no dents. In the ad pics the glare of the sun hides the dent. At $7k offer I gave him based off of KBB, he says is too low because CarFax says is worth more.

I am not gonna waste my time and efforts with this. I just check every now and then.

I am still trying to negotiate with the guy who owns this Suburban. I am planning on getting a hitch trailer for traveling with.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/cottage-grove-2003-chevy-suburban-2500/7156656566.html

I did get an email back this morning from the 2500 Suburban guy. He said he would sell it without the rack and goodies on the rack, without the rear cabinetry and no floor panel and without the winch and the winch guard. His asking price is $7900. I told him I would not pay that and that even rating it at very good in KBB and with the 186000 miles on it that I am at $6k before I even drive there to look at it.

He has been using it for "overland" driving with the goodies all in it and showed in his supplied pics, a pic of him parked with a some other off road vehicles from Arizona and California and they are all equipped with winches, so that leads me to believe that he is really flexing that suspension and it may need steering and suspension work and could even have more problems under there. I want it for the street and it may be a can of worms going thru it. I am not willing to take that chance at a $7900 asking price.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I listen to a local, car radio show. The guy is nationally syndicated, but that wasn't the point. We are, according to him, in a used car price bubble. With manufacturers stepping up production, he expects the bubble to burst within the next 6 weeks. He does say, unfortunately, that dealers will have their high priced stock left to liquidate, so it may be several weeks beyond that before prices drop properly.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I listen to a local, car radio show. The guy is nationally syndicated, but that wasn't the point. We are, according to him, in a used car price bubble. With manufacturers stepping up production, he expects the bubble to burst within the next 6 weeks. He does say, unfortunately, that dealers will have their high priced stock left to liquidate, so it may be several weeks beyond that before prices drop properly.
Watch out! Listening to talk radio is rather Boomer-like and a source of misinformation according to some folks. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n