What do you guys think about this one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see some of the trucks you are looking at ar 4x4, and others are just RWD. Just wondering if this is a deciding factor for you?

OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see some of the trucks you are looking at ar 4x4, and others are just RWD. Just wondering if this is a deciding factor for you?
Not a deciding factor, but it seems like a lost of the Tahoes I am finding that I like just happen to be 4x4

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you 100% sold on a PPV? Have you looked at or test drove a Denali yet? You might not ever look back…

OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you 100% sold on a PPV? Have you looked at or test drove a Denali yet? You might not ever look back…
I am not stuck on a PPV. The 2013 Fleet that I test drove was sooo nice. I am currently also looking at a 2014 LT (linked above). Unfortunately I do not find the Yukons (pre 2015) attractive at all and the 2015s and up are out of my $$ range. SO I am focusing on a 2013-40 Tahoe.

The kicker is if I were to buy the 2014 LT listed above I would probably remove all the badging and side moldings and replace those (IMO unattractive wheels) with black PPV steelies. :p:p:p

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not stuck on a PPV. The 2013 Fleet that I test drove was sooo nice. I am currently also looking at a 2014 LT (linked above). Unfortunately I do not find the Yukons (pre 2015) attractive at all and the 2015s and up are out of my $$ range. SO I am focusing on a 2013-40 Tahoe.

The kicker is if I were to buy the 2014 LT listed above I would probably remove all the badging and side moldings and replace those (IMO unattractive wheels) with black PPV steelies. :p:p:p
One thing to consider (a minor consideration for certain) is I think if you ever decided you wanted to get a Tech 2 clone for your own work on your truck, I think the '13 model year was the last for these trucks and the Tech 2.

If I am wrong about that, someone will be along soon to correct me. :)

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not find the Yukons (pre 2015) attractive at all and the 2015s and up are out of my $$ range. SO I am focusing on a 2013-40 Tahoe.

I would probably remove all the badging and side moldings and replace those (IMO unattractive wheels) with black PPV steelies.
I haven’t seen the new 2040 Tahoes, so I cannot comment on their appearance. Haha. Just busting on you. But I know what you mean…I feel the exact same way, except I’m on the opposing end. I don’t like the new “hearse look” of the Hoes/Yukon’s.

Sounds like you need a 93’ typhoon. Way more sleek than the LT, just ask @Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I haven’t seen the new 2040 Tahoes, so I cannot comment on their appearance. Haha. Just busting on you. But I know what you mean…I feel the exact same way, except I’m on the opposing end. I don’t like the new “hearse look” of the Hoes/Yukon’s.

Sounds like you need a 93’ typhoon. Way more sleek than the LT, just ask @Tonyrodz
Hell yeah!!

OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I am not opposed to the "hearse look: lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep