What do you think of this 2006 XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A used vehicle is a used vehicle regardless of mileage and owners. Especially for a guy as mechanically savvy as yourself @PNW VietVet , I say go look at the 2006. It could t hurt to go drive it and see if you like it. Body looks straight. Ditch the ugly as a aftermarket wheels but other than that it looks pretty clean. Drivers seat has a little wear, not torn just wear, but that’s not surprising for a 14 year old truck.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
A used vehicle is a used vehicle regardless of mileage and owners. Especially for a guy as mechanically savvy as yourself @PNW VietVet , I say go look at the 2006. It could t hurt to go drive it and see if you like it. Body looks straight. Ditch the ugly as a aftermarket wheels but other than that it looks pretty clean. Drivers seat has a little wear, not torn just wear, but that’s not surprising for a 14 year old truck.

Good call, Chase. A reasonable opportunity at an 06 is ALWAYS worth the due diligence. Best overall Tahoe ever built, imo. Go check it and let your mechanical experience decide.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Denali_XL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
$9500 for the Denali is a bit steep (I'm located in PNW as well). Doesn't hurt to go test drive it though. Can always offer less with cash in hand. I have seen similar Denali's sell for $8k+ at dealerships but they can charge more due to financing options.

The 2500 Yukon XL looked clean and low mileage so not surprised that sold quickly. The 2500 models are more of a unicorn though.

I settled on a 05' Yukon XL Denali this summer. I went with the Denali over everything else due to the larger 6.0L and AWD (I narrowed it down to '05 - '06 yrs)

Are you now searching for a Yukon XL 2500 or Yukon XL Denali? I can keep an eye out as well...

Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some say the 05-06 Denali were the best made. Last years of that run and a lot less plastic parts. Love the 2 tone leather. Here in VA it’d be priced a little high but none around here have mileage that low. 14 years old = less than 10k per. You know what to look for mechanically. Take 85-95 $100 bills and see what happens.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am passing on it and looked at a 2006 Z71 after work. I would like to have it but the asking is too much. Will not come down enough. I am just going to keep looking and wait till prices come down. I am in no hurry. My 02 runs fine.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I am passing on it and looked at a 2006 Z71 after work. I would like to have it but the asking is too much. Will not come down enough. I am just going to keep looking and wait till prices come down. I am in no hurry. My 02 runs fine.
It's nice to not have to be in a rush. I'm sure the perfect one will come along at the perfect time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick