What do you guys clean chrome wheels with?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been having a hell of a time with my chrome wheels, and keeping them clean from dust. Is there a wax/polish or something that dosen't attract dust like a sore thumb? Thanks!

Fauxnali

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sore thumbs attract dust? LOL!!!
I don't think so but i know what you mean, it sure seems like clean chrome does. I use mothers chrome polish and make sure there are no spots with a micro fiber. When they get a little dusty i use air and a California car duster for a quick clean.

rich_cpw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been having a hell of a time with my chrome wheels, and keeping them clean from dust. Is there a wax/polish or something that dosen't attract dust like a sore thumb? Thanks!

There's a company out of Illinois called MAAS that makes a chrome protector and chrome polish that seem to help a little. I got mine through L.A. Wheel and Tire in Cali; they sell 'em as part of their 'Chrome Care Kit'

To be honest though, I think the best thing you can do is clean your wheels every week or two. It's work, but isn't beauty always work? ;-)

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
True, Chrome wheels need work to look good, when when you do they look great!

M.M. 700

Reaction score
Best stuff I found is wax made just for chrome wheels. It is made by American Racing, last time I looked they had it on there site. It takes any stains or minor rust spots off of the rims. Seem to protect them very well too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheTahoe