What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to get the differentials and transfer case fluid changed. I spoke with the tech to ensure they had the right fluids for the autotrac and he said they did. After waiting about 30 minutes he came out and said they wouldn't be able to do my truck today because of the length of time it would take and there low staffing level. He apologized and gave me a coupon for a free transfer case service and 2 car wash coupons.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Bought me a badass jack again. My old one the hydrolic arm took a dump and can't find the hydraulic anywhere.. Anyone ever fixed one?

TahoeLimited

Reaction score
Bought me a badass jack again. My old one the hydrolic arm took a dump and can't find the hydraulic anywhere.. Anyone ever fixed one?

Ha...I myself returned the 2nd 2-ton floor jack back to Advance Auto Parts today. This was actually the return of a return. I think I bought the original one 3 years ago, which broke, got the one I had until earlier today about 2 years ago...same problem (just stopped jacking). It says 1 year warranty on the box, but the lady at Advance said they have a two-year warranty. Wasn't going to argue about it.

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
In my opinion the stock rims looks better.

I agree with that assessment as well. The different ones just don't seem right.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Yes but finding spare parts for a jack can be difficult if you have no company info or it is very cheaply made. I get mine form OTC Tools so I can always get parts if needed. Tho after four years I still don't need any.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Well today I removed the leaking oil cooler line. Will wait for new quick disconnect fittings to arrive in the morning to put the new line in.

Fixed my rear window programming so the window control module shuts or vents my windows as I choose thru the alarm. And not one goes up and the other Goes dawn at the same time. Drove me nuts every time the alarm was engaged. Might do the fronts to one day.

Finally replaced the driver door window regulator/motor assembly. Nice to roll up and down again. So now I can have four windows at my command instead of one all this time. Did find some broken glass bits inside the door. Must have been broken before.

Cranked my torsion bars finally. Required very minimal effort. Will bounce them around and level them out this week. Daily trips of 60 miles to SFO and home again will help nicely. Think it took all of four minutes per side. I went 6 turns so far and one key bolt was just about bottomed out by then. Much harder to lean over the engine bay now.

Checked cat back install and still looking good.

Wiggled left wheel. Time for more steering parts.

More to come tomorrow.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I agree with that assessment as well. The different ones just don't seem right.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Yes but finding spare parts for a jack can be difficult if you have no company info or it is very cheaply made. I get mine form OTC Tools so I can always get parts if needed. Tho after four years I still don't need any.

Gotta check the brand on mine but can I just get a new hydrolic arm and put it in? Would be easier to just get it and oh it in. It was nice but only used a couple times and stopped going up and filled it with new oil since po neglected it but was too late... It's quick drop they used it for their race car the one I got is nice tho quickly lifted the ranger so ill service it and out it to work

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If you mean the handle to pump it up use anything you can find. This makes for a nice setup for our suv's. When I bought mine amazon was selling them and at $180 and with prime I got it in two days. I want to get more sets of bigger stands and another jack from them as well. I hate nascar but I do love doing a nascar like jack drop. I consider it a functional test of the suspension of going thru a landing effect as if the I was jumping some ground somewhere(aviation is leaking into the idea a bit).

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
This is the broken one couldn't really find any good info.. Gotta see if I can source the hydrolic. Also a pic from today of the hoe nothing done to it just a pic of how it sits
BCD04B8C-FA6E-47C2-9635-A104BB24589A-1659-000000803362A65F_zpsfabb0c01.gif
501CB8E0-337E-42FE-9C32-04B1DB636982-1659-0000008043A88306_zpsdf81f43f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n240sxlover