What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked with my cousin and he hadn’t had any services done on the Tahoe in quite a while. I took it in today for an oil change and fluid changes on the differentials and transfer case. While taking the rear diff cover off, the shop busted the brake line. So, I ended up getting two new rear brake lines free of charge today. I had them flush the front brake lines as well.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Replaced the headliner with the great one I found at LKQ. Replaced the a-pillars, the right rear panel, changed out my overhead console and replaced my alternator. I have a friend that pulled his 5.7L Tbi motor out of his 94 1500 and let me pulled all of the goodies off of it I wanted. Got a new alternator, TBI, intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, distributor/cap/rotor and some plug wires. And the whole wiring harness in case any of my plugs go bad. When we swapped out my steering box, the tie rods got out of whack (previous shop screwed that up) so the hubby lined them back up and went and got a new alignment done. Really happy my steering wheel is correct now instead of 90 degrees off. In a couple weeks, we'll swap out my intake manifold and the newer TBI, my truck has this weird flutter at idle at stoplights. Won't do it in the driveway while in park, has to be in drive to get it to do it. My intake had a big gouge on the top, we filled in with JB weld and sanded smooth, it might be the culprit. We'll see in a few.

castine917

Reaction score
Replaced the headliner with the great one I found at LKQ. Replaced the a-pillars, the right rear panel, changed out my overhead console and replaced my alternator. I have a friend that pulled his 5.7L Tbi motor out of his 94 1500 and let me pulled all of the goodies off of it I wanted. Got a new alternator, TBI, intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, distributor/cap/rotor and some plug wires. And the whole wiring harness in case any of my plugs go bad. When we swapped out my steering box, the tie rods got out of whack (previous shop screwed that up) so the hubby lined them back up and went and got a new alignment done. Really happy my steering wheel is correct now instead of 90 degrees off. In a couple weeks, we'll swap out my intake manifold and the newer TBI, my truck has this weird flutter at idle at stoplights. Won't do it in the driveway while in park, has to be in drive to get it to do it. My intake had a big gouge on the top, we filled in with JB weld and sanded smooth, it might be the culprit. We'll see in a few.

Where did the gouge come from? If it didn't go through to internal than I don't know how a gouge would actually cause your issues..

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year? I vaguely remember something about something in the trans being vacuum actuated when in gear, in park itll run fine but put it in gear and it stutters... its been 20+ years since Ive really ‘worked’ on anything tho and even then it may have been my old dodge pickup.... sucks getting old

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
What year? I vaguely remember something about something in the trans being vacuum actuated when in gear, in park itll run fine but put it in gear and it stutters... its been 20+ years since Ive really ‘worked’ on anything tho and even then it may have been my old dodge pickup.... sucks getting old
It's a 1995, it has the 4l60e and the NP241C t-case, manual shift 4WD and that might be something to look at. When it stutters in drive at a stoplight, sometimes it feels like it pops out of gear or kind of sits down, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Jon Valera

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So im looking into doing this same mod to my OBS Limited 2000 Tahoe. If i can ask what year avalanche is that console from and what kind of mods did you need to do to it to make it fit to the floor and to flush mount to the dash bottom piece? Great look.9149dc91b649d591d4d92dc651d0abb2.jpgcfdab7b79c967cf1ee841d210995dc39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the black beauty back on the road. New brake line, fuel pump repair, brakes rotors and calipers. Added some blinker fluid as well since she's been sitting a while :roflbow:

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the process of removing the transmission, so far I have the driveshafts, transfer case, exhaust, and starter removed. All I have left is the bell housing bolts and should be ready to pull.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz