What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. In regards to the lengths, it looks to me like the rear two want to trade maybe?
i replaced them one at a time and just chose the new one with the closest length. problem was the last one was way long so that may not have been the best way to do it. but it's reasonable enough i will probably just leave it

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you noticed any difference in performance with the msd ignition? My stock coil has been annoying the past several years because it's whining in the speakers, especially now that I have a cb radio it's even worse.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you noticed any difference in performance with the msd ignition? My stock coil has been annoying the past several years because it's whining in the speakers, especially now that I have a cb radio it's even worse.

i used the same wires with an msd blaster coil and msd streetfire dizzy. i may have noticed a little but definitely a smoother idle. i was really impressed with the dizzy right away. however 9 mons later when the rotor plate started seperating from the shaft and ripped itself apart then i was not.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so here is my what did i do today for my tahoe. i ordered anzo headlight turn signal assemblies and new stock taillights. cover king spicer mesh front seat covers. headlight and rear wiper switches from rock auto. and also some new door striker pins.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sold it tonight. Goodbye Yukon. You served us well in the 18 months and 18k miles that we had you. Treat your new owners well!

Hey everyone. I took an ownership hiatus from March 2015 until today. I had a ‘99 Yukon that I bought in 2013 and kept until March 2015. I bought it to tow a 24’ travel trailer with. We took it on a 6k trip from Colorado to Maine and back. Then I sold it :(

I just bought my cousin’s 1997 Tahoe 4 door 4WD with 173k. He bought it in 2000 as a lease turn in. I’ve got some basic stuff to do (steering position sensor, fluid changes, etc.) and then I’ll make it into a mild off-roader. I’m excited to be back :)

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score

this referring to me? no not at all, i just did it more as a maintenance thing since it was all original stuff. well not the spark plugs but i'm pretty sure the rest was

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
We replaced the fuel pump/sending unit in my truck this weekend. Now I have to replace the oil pressure switch as the truck won't crank up now. Checked the relay, it was not actually plugged in correctly and it fired up after that. Then this morning nada. Thankfully the OPS isn't difficult to change or get a hold of. Going to try jumping the switch first to make sure that is it. Now if I can find time to install my new headliner, right rear panel, a pillars and c pillars I robbed from a 95 Yukon at LKQ, I'll be most happy.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Replaced Oil pressure sensor, cranks right up. Runs a little smoother and the gas gauge seems pretty accurate. It does dance a little but doesn't make half tank swings anymore. Thinking this weekend is going to be inside work as the hubby is at hunt camp and it's going to be blowing too hard to take the boat out.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed corvette servo with 4th gear apply piston.
For those interested in my Tahoe it did not just come right out. Their is a metal shield over part of the floorboard I had to get a big hammer and long punch and pound it out some then bend another thin heat shield and I had just enough room to wiggle it out.
The new blue o-ring is so tight that I needed a crowbar to press the cover back in, good news was it held it there while I installed the snap ring.
I already had the BB tune which sped up the shifts so this wasn't a huge difference but I like it and given that I don't like real hard shifts (old shift kits) this is just perfect.

Oregon Performance Transmission
UP-K034 Superior Overdrive Super Servo 4L60E Billet 4th Gear Apply Piston & Cover 700R4 4L65E 700-R4 4L60 1 69.99 69.99
Add 2nd gear servo: Corvette servo
14.99 14.99
700r4-4L60E-long-servo-pin: no-700r4-4L60E-long-servo-pin

On a side note I noticed the 4th gear apply piston is made by Superior-Transmissions and they are located here in Tallahassee. I am pretty sure I see a nice older model Chevy pickup on my way home all the time with Superior-Transmissions logo on the back window, lol small world.
When I do the Denali I'll see if I can everything from them instead of ordering from Oregon.

Last edited:

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the newly installed driving and fog lights aimed, and an alarm/remote start installed.

I was having a lot of trouble with accidently unlocking the tailgate window with the stock fob. Another reason I prefer the barn doors. Oh well.

joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e