What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99YukonSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does it compare to the original? I need to get a new one, but wasn’t sure how the Dorman ones would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knobs seem to spin a little more freely than my old one. I saved my old ones just in case but it works just fine. I got mine from summit racing.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's really nice. I'm 5'10" and i have to do a little jump when I get in.

My wife's 5'4" with bad knees. She never complains, so when she asked for them I knew she needed them. (I'm 6'3", I just slide right in and slide right out. ;))

I'm more into functional mods, not flashy ones, so these were the ones. I like 'em pretty well.

I asked them to make you a set. They said they'd have them ready for you. ;)

joe

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's 5'4" with bad knees. She never complains, so when she asked for them I knew she needed them. (I'm 6'3", I just slide right in and slide right out. ;))

I'm more into functional mods, not flashy ones, so these were the ones. I like 'em pretty well.

I asked them to make you a set. They said they'd have them ready for you. ;)

joe
Perfect you already paid for them right?

Magicmantx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
have one of these threads on another forum I frequent (s10forum) and its always pretty entertaining.

SO what did YOU do to your 'HOE/'KON TODAY?! :Handshake:

Pulled the rest of the parts off the engine to get the lower intake off so it can go to the shop tomorrow to get cleaned. intake was FULL of crud and was expecting under the valve covers to be just as bad but to my suprise they were CLEAN! :D didn't get any pictures of it today as the camera was in the house and i was covered with oily crud. have some from most of the tear down yesterday that i'll throw up sometime this week probably when the trucks done.
Still sanding

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i removed my exhaust manifolds, and rotting CATS/pipes, put in my pacesetter short tubes, and got a JEGS ORY. only pain in the ass was the fact that the EGR tube was a monster to get out.

Found a solution, remove the upper radiator hose, clamp it, take out the EGR tube at the manifold and remove it while attached to the exhaust manifold. much easier than cutting it, plus its like a 50-90$ part.

99YukonSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i removed my exhaust manifolds, and rotting CATS/pipes, put in my pacesetter short tubes, and got a JEGS ORY. only pain in the ass was the fact that the EGR tube was a monster to get out.

Found a solution, remove the upper radiator hose, clamp it, take out the EGR tube at the manifold and remove it while attached to the exhaust manifold. much easier than cutting it, plus its like a 50-90$ part.

My EGR tube was a pain when doing my headers. It was not going to come out without cutting it, so that's what I did and then did the EGR delete

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14