What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would the ss's fit? In the pics it looks black around the mesh but its not. All i did was pull the black plastic by the hooks and install the mesh in its place.

this Pic is where the mesh was supost to be. I also have this grill but i didnt want to cut the stock grill.

a76462ta76482tg1.jpg

Where i put the mesh. In person it looks much better here. It also is not black around the mesh in real life thats just a shadow :)

grill2.jpg

Last edited:

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
I utilized my new console cup holder!

Just installed my new center console/jump seat in my 2011 SSV a couple of days ago. Cup holders...what a luxury!! Armrest.... wow!! Until now I only thought such things existed in "those Tahoes". Lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20150928_142159.jpg
    IMG_20150928_142159.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 20

unoigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the mesh behind the grill and at the bottom of the bumper. I didnt like the inserts because of the 1" chrome border so i installed them behind the bumper.

Grille looks good! What brand is it?

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

That is a Platinum/Premium hood trim thats why. It is slightly longer to fit to the edge of the bumper.

Yea thanks. Went to dealer today and they said with many GM models the cross ref shows the "fit" but between different trim level they don't always line up. I bought off eBay already painted for $90 bucks. Since I installed he won't take back. It'll do for now.

Last edited:

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Center line thrust?
Yes. Your mileage may vary on the terminology. When it comes to alignments, you have:
Simple front- set the toe and let it go
Center line thrust- front end is set to the center line of the vehicle, determined by the rear wheels and some vehicles simply just have toe adjustments.
4 wheel thrust- adjustments to wheels on both axles.

Simple front end toe alignments generally apply to older, older vehicles with solid front and rear axles.
Modern rear wheel drive vehicles can have not just toe adjustments but camber and caster as well.

Most front wheel drive vehicles have rear camber adjustments. A 4 wheel thrust alignment is performed where the front adjustment are made when the rear is set to zero, then rear adjustments are set to specs.

Our Tahoe's and Yukon's require a center line thrust alignment. This involves setting the toe to the geometric
Center line of the vehicle, followed by camber and caster, if needed. All four wheels will get an alignment head during this process. Yes, you can adjust the toe by itself and it will be correct on the readout. However, if the toe is not set to the center line of the vehicle it may track off center while driving down the road. Think of how a dog runs and starts turning sideways while he runs.

His front feet are straight but his body is not lined up on them. Ever been behind a van or truck/SUV going down the road and it look like it was riding kind of crooked? That a hastily done alignment or the old "set the toe and let it go" job. The front toe was set but not checked to the center line of the vehicle.
And lastly, the first thing that any alignment tech should do before they start the alignment is to center the steering wheel.

Last edited:

doc_sun

Scotcher
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever been behind a van or truck/SUV going down the road and it look like it was riding kind of crooked? That a hastily done alignment or the old "set the toe and let it go" job. The front toe was set but not checked to the center line of the vehicle.

I always thought that was due to a bent frame from a wreck and that was the best they could do with it. Good info to know!

Bruizza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine all cleaned up. I have made friends with the manager at the car wash over the past couple years. No other cars there so he had all 6 of his guys working on my truck. They spent 45 minutes on it. Best it has looked in a while. Felt terrible I only had $4 to tip with. I will make sure to take a $20 with me next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimcauble

Latest posts