What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh yeah, quick search a 2021 definitely has a brushless setup.

be interesting to see some dimensions and if it could be easily used as an upgradeView attachment 404476

if someone here with hptuners could check for the output drop down box. it might be as easy as that.

could even as the black bear guys if the tables are in the ecm already.
my 18 silverado has brushless fans I think they changed over to brushless on the K2's in 2015 but I could be wrong I haven't looked that close under hood of other's yet, that's why I was just curious if you had swapped over a shroud from a 2015+ or something with some mods as it appears that it is possible with some tweaks

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is na, and My other half wanted it to idle as close to OEM as possible. Honestly, I love this cam. I read in the G8 forums that some people feel they lost low end torque, but I have yet to experience that. To me, it feels a little better than the factory cam driving it casually, but when you romp on it, there is definitely much improved top end power.

thats awesome to hear. I have a used ls7 cam I picked up a while back for like 50$ on a shelf. it's 99% the same, just specs use the higher lift ls7 rockers but with the normal rockers, it's pretty much the exact same cam. it would be going in a c6 with an ls3 short geared manual. so if you haven't noticed a big loss, in what should be a bit lighter car, I think I'll be happy too.

much appreciate some first hand driving experience with it. now if it wasn't so hard to work on a c6 lol. you've helped my motivation lol

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 18 silverado has brushless fans I think they changed over to brushless on the T2's in 2015 but I could be wrong I haven't looked that close under hood of other's yet, that's why I was just curious if you had swapped over a shroud from a 2015+ or something with some mods as it appears that it is possible with some tweaks

ahh, yes. I much enjoy the brushless fans over the brushed stuff. if I could figure out how to control it seamlessly, I'd do it forsure.

they went with a 3 speed setup on mine to try and be efficient but never going to be as good as brushless over all.

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shame, I just looked again and my ecm doesn't have the option. but here's what it would look like if you have it. which you might. i have a 67A ecm. it's not used anything else. but gm usually uses the same ecm with different OS flashed into it across different platforms.

ls3 ecm PXL_20230722_164107755.jpg

my yukon still works in % even thou it's just to turn on the 3 relays. interesting it doesn't hit 100% request till hotter than I've noticed other cars. 242*. I wonder if that has something to do with why these have 20psi caps instead of the normal 15-17psi.
PXL_20230722_164328480.jpg

ac request 100% at 371psi high side.

but being it's just relay triggers and not veritable speed, I wonder at what % it actually triggers the next step in low, med, high.

the way this is setup, makes me think the option is in there, hp just didn't define it. I should email them.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shame, I just looked again and my ecm doesn't have the option. but here's what it would look like if you have it. which you might. i have a 67A ecm. it's not used anything else. but gm usually uses the same ecm with different OS flashed into it across different platforms.

ls3 ecm View attachment 404481

my yukon still works in % even thou it's just to turn on the 3 relays. interesting it doesn't hit 100% request till hotter than I've noticed other cars. 242*. I wonder if that has something to do with why these have 20psi caps instead of the normal 15-17psi.
View attachment 404482

but being it's just relay triggers and not veritable speed, I wonder at what % it actually triggers the next step in low, med, high.

the way this is setup, makes me think the option is in there, hp just didn't define it. I should email them.

We were checking HPT at the same time. Took me a few minutes cuz I had to take the pic of my laptop screen, upload it to the laptop, then upload it to this post:

IMG_E6856.JPG

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ls3 ecm View attachment 404481

View attachment 404482

when I had blackbear do my tune I requested they have mine come on at a slightly lower temp, this is what they told me
Fan settings are near stock in your tune, but will come on high approximately 10* cooler than stock. They should ramp to low speed (regardless of vehicle speed) at approximately 210* and then to high speed as you get above 225*. You cannot trust the gauge though, as it will start moving off of 160* when your actual coolant temperature is still only 130*.
I have heated mine up driving (my version of driving) and it will occasionaly (rarely) show 230 on the gauge and then go right back down but I haven't checked what it say's via obd when it gets heated up like that.
on the way home form recent trip I saw it go up to 230 at sea level and 90* outside while I was messing around with a newer escalade and a charger on the last leg home
It's never gone over 230 though on the gauge anyway I have to remember to check the obd reading when the occasion arises again.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they also made the ac kick off when doing a WOT at what speed I don't know but I can feel it shut off and then come back on

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We were checking HPT at the same time. Took me a few minutes cuz I had to take the pic of my laptop screen, upload it to the laptop, then upload it to this post:

View attachment 404483

wow it looks like it's there.

"pwm electric" set to 128hz should get you a pwm output on the relay control pin. hook that to the signal wire on the brushless fan and it should work. only use the oem fans thou. say from a set off a newer truck or a car. the 0-5v square wave is inverted on the aftermarket spal fans. they can be made to work by inverting all the graphs but it's a pain and the oem version are cheap.. aftermarket same fan motor but 3 times the price.

I gotta email hp haha. I want that option haha.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when I had blackbear do my tune I requested they have mine come on at a slightly lower temp, this is what they told me
Fan settings are near stock in your tune, but will come on high approximately 10* cooler than stock. They should ramp to low speed (regardless of vehicle speed) at approximately 210* and then to high speed as you get above 225*. You cannot trust the gauge though, as it will start moving off of 160* when your actual coolant temperature is still only 130*.
I have heated mine up driving (my version of driving) and it will occasionaly (rarely) show 230 on the gauge and then go right back down but I haven't checked what it say's via obd when it gets heated up like that.
on the way home form recent trip I saw it go up to 230 at sea level and 90* outside while I was messing around with a newer escalade and a charger on the last leg home
It's never gone over 230 though on the gauge anyway I have to remember to check the obd reading when the occasion arises again.

since you only have high and low now, it makes sense it would be kinda high before kicking into hi.

definitely check with the scanner thou.. I've seen from 195 to 208 on scanner and dash gauge never moved. no telling what that 230 is. but it also is fine at they temp. just interesting

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leveled front 2” today, now it’s 37.5 all around.

While at it, was also thinking to tackle the exhaust leak on manifold flange connection that i tried to fix with different gaskets, but i think pipe itself is bent.
So i finally covered it with exhaust sealer/putty veeeery thoroughly.

And i had last exhaust manifold bolt broken since forever, pinned with dorman clamp, not leaking.
But i recently got welder and decided to try and get it out, after like 10 welded nuts i gave up.
It’s far away and I can’t drill it.
Decided that one day, when I’m deep down in the guts, head will come off and that little **** will get drilled out.

Attachments

• IMG_4433.jpeg
    IMG_4433.jpeg
    343.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4017.jpeg
    IMG_4017.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10