What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And for the record it is definitely sitting higher on the BT drop spindles than with the strut under the LCA flip.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have spindles and struts set for 1.75" drop on the left side and 2" on the right, totaling a 3.5"/3.75" drop (McG spindles are actually 1.75" drop). I aligned mine at home and, 30K+ miles later, my tires have always worn flat and evenly with no feathering or cupping. No pulls and the steering wheel is "centered enough". I could perfect it if I really cared. The only thing that's out is the caster is too positive, which I erred positive due to it being safer than neutral or negative. I'll tweak it when I change my struts.

As for alignment mods, I have the Belltech cams. But, I'm not so sure I'm even beyond the factory adjustment area yet. With @89Suburban's rig being dropped with spindles only, they should easily be able to get everything in the green. They didn't try.
I'm just going by what my shop always told me :shrug:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing that puts me off of the spindles is the inability to run 18s. Did you also consider the offset control arms?

I have not heard that issue on the 18's. I am running 17's. The BT spindles require you to cut both upper and lower ball joint studs, which feel SO wrong and guilty to do. The lower one to clear the wheel and the upper one to clear the CV shaft.

Are you 2WD or 4wd?

FasterBass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not heard that issue on the 18's. I am running 17's. The BT spindles require you to cut both upper and lower ball joint studs, which feel SO wrong and guilty to do. The lower one to clear the wheel and the upper one to clear the CV shaft.

Are you 2WD or 4wd?
Maybe that's the issue I was reading about, that if you DONT cut the studs then you get interference problems. 4WD.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe that's the issue I was reading about, that if you DONT cut the studs then you get interference problems. 4WD.

Yup. And even with the top stud trimmed it is TIGHT to the CV. You can't even get a wrench on the damn nut unless you unbolt the CV from the diff and drop it back out of the way. And that top stud/nut blocks the top hub flange bolt.

So I suggest mount the lower stud first, mount your hub, then the top stud. Trim both studs close to the nuts. Sawzall with metal blade goes right through them no problem. Then fish your CV back in.

FasterBass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. And even with the top stud trimmed it is TIGHT to the CV. You can't even get a wrench on the damn nut unless you unbolt the CV from the diff and drop it back out of the way. And that top stud/nut blocks the top hub flange bolt.

So I suggest mount the lower stud first, mount your hub, then the top stud. Trim both studs close to the nuts. Sawzall with metal blade goes right through them no problem. Then fish your CV back in.
Or just stay stock ride height. What a PITA.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tried replacing the running board motors on Deathscalade but no dice! :mad: motors are corroded to the bracket so returning the running board motors and reordering the motors with new brackets which are $$$ :mad3: I guess this is the perk to driving older stuff but I was hoping I could replace just the motors and not the motor + bracket since the price increase is substantial

/rant
Ordered up a pair of motors with brackets today and went ahead and grabbed rotors and pads for all four corners while I was at it. After the trip up Pike's Peak and back I've been meaning to order a set so finally did whilst trying not to work much today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ttowntoehead

Latest posts