What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Temps dropped here in Dallas. Somehow both upper ball joints are toast. Not a peep now boom, can’t drive the thing… I mean I could but not with my kid in the car… so waiting on parts from RA so I can attempt a repair in my Apt complex parking lot… got the Mevotech daily driver front end kit. I’ll keep you guys posted… don’t have money for much, blew my *** on Christmas…

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The doors freezing shut ****** me off. It took me over 30 minutes to get my driver door open Friday. I used de-icer but it was slow. Nice tip on the silicone spray. I'll give that a shot next time.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will help unfreeze doors

View attachment 388051

The problem that I've had is that the latch moves freely, but the internal mechanism gets stuck in the open position, so the door won't stay closed.

But then slamming the door hard enough resets the mechanism, so the door stays latched shut, but then won't open. (locks operate fine, and door handles move freely).

I had to climb over the center console to get in through the passenger door, and after driving for an hour with the heat on fairly high the door guts thawed out.

The moral of the story is to have a dang garage with electricity, and/or heat. Since that isn't happening anytime soon, I can only vent uselessly here.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine had a water stain in the rear area when I got it. nice.

But yeah, the rain and wind were pretty insane here yesterday. We lost power for most of the day, but had a generator to keep essentials running. Ended up bugging out to the bar, and snacking while the crews fixed the bisected power lines. A big tree sliced through power, cable, and telephone on its way down.... never seen the cables slashed like that before. Usually it just rips the strand/support attachments off the poles.

All four doors on my Yukon were frozen shut, with no way to get in. I had to open the trunk and crawl over the back seats to retreive the kid's presents stashed in there so we could finish all our wrapping.
Weather was a bit crazy in NH over the past couple days...Fortunately, we only had threats of power outages with a blip for about an hour...

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used my new transmission pan drain plug. Drained out another 6 quarts. The fluid was still a little dirty but much better than when I did the pan and filter change. Now it’s nice and red. I may wait another 3 months and dump it one more time. So fast and easy. 6 quarts and done. Pics added because its un American not to. :Big Laugh:B4BD5E96-3330-4ACD-AC30-B6C0DF62C6A7.jpeg00882DC1-7C7F-4ED6-B802-2A5CD9908410.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26